Another Chicago Political Thug Bows Out One Step Ahead of The Law

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- Another posterboy for Democratic politics Chicago-style is resigning. Will he join the two former Illinois governors currently "serving" in The Big House or instead go on to greater glory in The White House as part of Obama's inner circle of Chicago mugs, thugs and slugs who make a handsome living off the avails of an ignorant, gullible and corrupted Chicago electorate that gets the kind of politicians they deserve? Stay tuned to find out.

Jesse Jackson Jr. resigns from Congress

By Doug Powers • November 21, 2012 02:59 PM

**Written by Doug Powers

Are you ready for the “Chicago politician resigns amid corruption investigation” story for the century decade year month week?
The Chicago Tribune reported earlier today that Jesse Jackson Jr. was expected to submit his resignation to House Speaker Boehner, and the AP confirms that has happened:
BREAKING: Boehner’s spokesman says he received letter of resignation from Ill. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 21, 2012
No word yet on whether or not Jackson will receive disability benefits from now on, as was reportedly part of his plea deal for stepping down. Jail time is also a good possibility. The investigation is ongoing:
The FBI investigation has been looking at Jackson’s alleged use of campaign funds to decorate his home and to buy a $40,000 Rolex watch for a female friend. The investigation into misused campaign funds has now expanded to include Jackson’s wife, Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson, according to reports. Investigators are scrutinizing whether Mrs. Jackson was aware of or complicit in her husband’s alleged misuse of campaign money. Investigators have not yet indicated whether they plan to charge Sandi Jackson.
Jackson’s resignation will trigger a special election:
Jackson’s resignation will spark a special election in his Chicago-area House seat, a heavily Democratic enclave. Illinois state law requires that an election must beheld within 115 days after the seat is vacated.
Local news reports have said possible Democratic candidates include Cook County Chief Administrative Officer Robin Kelly, state Sen. Toi Hutchinson, and state Sen. Kwame Raoul, who holds the legislative seat once held by President Obama.
Too bad Blago is still in the tank, because he could probably sell that seat in fairly short order.

Last edited:

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'll bet the ten year spoils haul was huge. I think dad was getting a Commission too. That helped dad take care of the child support payments the Rainbow Coalition was making for him until an IRS Agent did an audit. Noe Jr. will have to fund his own booze and drugs. The federal Purchase Order book goes with the job, not the former incumbent. Chicago trained and why would we ever expect better? Look at Bill Daley too. Right after he leaves and goes back to the windy city he has remodel for big bucks out to bid? Typical of the politicians from that area. If you know the right person and have it in cash almost anything is possible to get done in that city. Look a Rahm. Why take orders and risk getting put on the spot daily at the White House when you can become the Emporer of Chicago at about the same pay PLUS bigger perks?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
All teddy managed to prove is that republicans are not the only ones that steal from the taxpayer.
Make you feel better teddy knowing that your heros are not the only crooks in the USA

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
I'll bet the ten year spoils haul was huge. I think dad was getting a Commission too. That helped dad take care of the child support payments the Rainbow Coalition was making for him until an IRS Agent did an audit. Noe Jr. will have to fund his own booze and drugs. The federal Purchase Order book goes with the job, not the former incumbent. Chicago trained and why would we ever expect better? Look at Bill Daley too. Right after he leaves and goes back to the windy city he has remodel for big bucks out to bid? Typical of the politicians from that area. If you know the right person and have it in cash almost anything is possible to get done in that city. Look a Rahm. Why take orders and risk getting put on the spot daily at the White House when you can become the Emporer of Chicago at about the same pay PLUS bigger perks?

- H ... Yes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

- And Chicago - even before the Daleys starting with the Capone era in the 1920s - has long been known to have the most crooked political culture and system in the entire US just as Montreal has the crookedest political culture and system in Canada. But I would never have imagined that one of the Chicago mugs, thugs and slugs - especially one as woefully unqualified for any executive office as Obama is - could have maneuvered his way into the Oval Office and then won re-election.

- As for Rahm, I suppose he calculated that he could steal more as mayor of Chicago over a multi-term career than he could as a Wasgington flunky for Obama in what then (he resigned in 2010) looked like a one term situation. I wonder how much Montreal mayor Tremblay managed to steal in his 11 years as mayor before he started to feel the heat and stepped down?

- I've spent some time in both Chicago and Montreal and know some fairly well informed people in both and these two cities should be twinned if the criterion is political corruption, kick backs, bribes, closed door deals, untendered bids, etc.