Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election

By QMI Agency

Within a week of U.S. President Barack Obama's re-election, citizens from 21 states have filed petitions asking to secede from the United States, according to the White House website.
Louisiana was first, posting its request on Nov. 7.
It was soon joined by Texas, on Nov. 9.
In asking for the president to "peacefully grant" permission for his state to withdraw from the union, creator Micah H., of Arlington, wrote: "To do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."
Petitioners have one month to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the president to consider the request.
As of Monday morning, Louisiana had 13,197.

Texas had 17,260.
The petition from Florida was created Saturday -- the same day the state finally declared Obama the victor in this election after another controversial ballot count. On Monday morning, it had 4,823 signatures.
The other 18 states with requests for secession: Alabama, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas, Georgia and Missouri.
All quote a passage from the Declaration of Independence that reads "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."

Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election - World - Canoe.ca

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Hey Canadians...stop paying attention to American politics...problem solved.

fraid we can't as the stupidity down there has an impact on our economy.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that all the so called citizens that signed these petitions are registered republicans. Still trying to find a way to destroy the USA.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Here is a nation full of people who have no respect for themselves. Democracy deemed
the Republicans lost the most. There are many who are respectful Republicans who did
realize they lost mostly because of the nut cases that take actions like these.
This is nonsense, I think they have been expose to the Donald's dandruff or something.
People did not want a heavy dose of extreme conservatism and I think the Republicans
believed they defeated Obama, they forgot the urban areas were Democrats and it became
a case of checkmate. Obama won so it goes on and now if things work out right the real
Republicans can get their party back.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
In asking for the president to "peacefully grant" permission for his state to withdraw from the union, creator Micah H., of Arlington, wrote: "To do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers....

And if you leave than those ideas and beliefs no longer apply since you won't be part of the United States.

That's like Quebec Separating but wanting to keep using the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms. :?

Why don't all these sore losers just pull an Israel, all move to one state and then make their own country from that State?

Texas sounds about right.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
They could all move to Obama's birthplace - Kenya. Low taxes, just the way they like it.

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Which on of these states will Canada take?? North Dakota, Montana..?? We can snap them up in a hurry.. :lol:

With so many Canadians already owning property in Florida, and Canada lacking a place in the sun as it is now.. we can also take Florida.. if they would only step up their Game.. 4,500 signatures.. the petitioners should be a shame with that turn out.. :lol:

I see 3 new Provinces here.. woOt!

A little bit of reality about Texas secession : NO QUARTER USA NET

Texas Ordinance of Secession

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
fraid we can't as the stupidity down there has an impact on our economy.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that all the so called citizens that signed these petitions are registered republicans. Still trying to find a way to destroy the USA.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Canada is going to be transformed by the changes taking place in America.

Here is a nation full of people who have no respect for themselves. Democracy deemed
the Republicans lost the most. There are many who are respectful Republicans who did
realize they lost mostly because of the nut cases that take actions like these.
This is nonsense, I think they have been expose to the Donald's dandruff or something.
People did not want a heavy dose of extreme conservatism and I think the Republicans
believed they defeated Obama, they forgot the urban areas were Democrats and it became
a case of checkmate. Obama won so it goes on and now if things work out right the real
Republicans can get their party back.
You know very little about American political culture. It's better not to reveal your ignorance.

Which on of these states will Canada take?? North Dakota, Montana..?? We can snap them up in a hurry.. :lol:

With so many Canadians already owning property in Florida, and Canada lacking a place in the sun as it is now.. we can also take Florida.. if they would only step up their Game.. 4,500 signatures.. the petitioners should be a shame with that turn out.. :lol:

My friend, are you familiar with Homer's Illiad? Don't bring the horse into the city.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

No way will we take Florida. Almost 1/3 the population of Canada, 50% are retired so do not contribute to the economy and no state income tax. Even if we wanted to take on the burden they wouldn't come over.

Everyone in Montana would have to give up most of their guns so that would be a no-go as well.

The whole idea of these states leaving is a joke anyway. Nothing but sore losers and whining baby-bitches who didn't get their way in a valid democratic election. The question they need to ask themselves is would they want to leave if Romney had won? If not then they should shut the f*ck up and find a candidate who can win in 2016. It really is the most pathetic, childish thing I have ever seen.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hey Canadians...stop paying attention to American politics...problem solved.

How else are we to entertain ourselves without hockey?

I imagine there is someone somewhere in the US who wants to leave after every presidential election. Last time they tried to go through with it didnt end well for them.