How To Tell That Romney Has The Momentum To Win

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- A lot can still happen in the 12 remaining days before the election and although the most reliable polls give Romney a slight edge (4 points in the Rasmussen and 5 in the Gallop) which obviously scares the Obama team that was leading by 7.9% at this time in 2008 it is still a race that can go either way!

- However, there is one historically very telling indicator that more and more Americans are leaning toward Romney in the final days of the campaign.

- I refer to the major talk show hosts, Letterman and Leno, who are now actually making numerous jokes about Obama such as Leno last night commenting on the president's debate claim that international sanctions were destroying the Iranian economy, Leno said that he had to agree with Obama because "nobody knows more about destroying an economy than Obama".

- Even more startling last night was Letterman's comment to his guest Rachel 'Mad Dog' Maddow the loud mouthed lesbian lefty loon who hosts a show nobody watches on MSNBC. Letterman told her how disappointed he was by the president's lying during the debate about how Romney wanted to just let Detroit go bankrupt. (A good thing Dave wasn't on this board or he'd be torn to shreds as I was for saying or writing that.)

- Traditionally since the rise of Johnny Carson in the mid 1960s, if a politician begins to be regularly ridiculed on the late night talk shows that politician is perceived to be in serious political difficulty and probably finished as a national office holder or seeker. After all, talk show hosts regardless of their political beliefs are interested first in ratings and they realize that one of the best ways to earn loyalty in the ratings is to reflect the views of the average Americas who watch the late night talk shows.

- Of course lampooning and criticizing the current president is especially difficult for Leno and even more for Letterman because they are both unrepentent and unshakable liberals and Obama supporters and, besides, no president has appeared on their shows as often as Barack Obama (you can catch him on Leno tonight).

- But the point is that they are now lampooning Obama and this has been a reliable signal in years past that the people are getting tired of the current office holder and want him both ridiculed and replaced.

- I guess we'll know better in 12 days and a few hours.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Youare right about the possibilities changing. But I see more and more desperation in the Obama Campaign. I have received no less than 10 robo-calls and three knocks at the door from a person campaigning for him. They are spending a lot on money trying to save a sinking ship.

Peaches

Nominee Member
Oct 19, 2012
Biloxi, MS
That is a valid theory. The only poll that counts will be the one taken on election day. We probably will not know what the last minute break is until this weekend when the polls after the final debate come in. Four more years obama and Canada had better build a high fence because Mexico will be on your border after the United States collapses and disappears entirely.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That is a valid theory. The only poll that counts will be the one taken on election day. We probably will not know what the last minute break is until this weekend when the polls after the final debate come in. Four more years obama and Canada had better build a high fence because Mexico will be on your border after the United States collapses and disappears entirely.

What is a valid theory.