3rd Presidential debate

3rd Presidential debate Winner- opinion is....

• Total voters

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think Romney made some points but he was forced to agree with Obama.
Romney didn't have the depth the President had and in the end it was a
night for the Obama team.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Romney agree with Obama on so many points, I'm surprised he just didn't stand up and endorse Obama for President..

I voted tie, I think both had some good points... however not a clear win from either side.

...and ONLY a Liberal Commie would vote for "Obama trounced Romney" earth_as_one must be here tonight.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Romney agree with Obama on so many points, I'm surprised he just didn't stand up and endorse Obama for President..

I voted tie, I think both had some good points... however not a clear win from either side.

To me this meant Obama won, handily. For Romeny to win, he had to point out flaws in Obama's foreign policy and how he would do things better... which he didn't do. The Romney mantra is "I know the economy better and will create more jobs", which may play well with a lot of Americans, but it didn't go well with the subject matter of the debate tonight.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
To me this meant Obama won, handily. For Romeny to win, he had to point out flaws in Obama's foreign policy and how he would do things better... which he didn't do. The Romney mantra is "I know the economy better and will create more jobs", which may play well with a lot of Americans, but it didn't go well with the subject matter of the debate tonight.

Yes, exactly.. Romney's track record for turning around companies and creating jobs in his own state far exceeds that of Obama's track record in the last 4 years..

So he is making a strong point their, he is a better businessman than Obama, period, and also better with budgeting..

I still take great issue with what was not mentioned tonight, forced deportation of millions of illegal Mexicans' by way of a national ID card that with have biometrics, your finger prints and an RFID chip to track your whereabouts within the USA.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I missed about a third of the debate, but from what I saw I thought both handled themselves well. Lots of same old same old from past debates. I give it to Romney though, based on a fact check (I do have a thing for facts :) )

Sorry Mr. President, wrong again:

The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?_r=0

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
3rd Presidential debate
No comments from me- The Peanut galley
our opinion is

I'm not even sure Romney can take Massatchusetts! :smile:

I missed about a third of the debate, but from what I saw I thought both handled themselves well. Lots of same old same old from past debates. I give it to Romney though, based on a fact check (I do have a thing for facts :) )

The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check.

Based on what? Proposed increase and military spending and putting the kibosh on Health care.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Romney made it clear about Obama's despise of Israel and that he is not their friend.. Romney hammered that it in pretty good, and Obama will lose the Jewish vote..

It took 3 chances and the moderator pushing Obama to say we will stand Israel if attacked.

Obama has pushed the 67 borderline in Israel and has consistently ignored or skipped over Israel on visits to the Middle East, or their leaders visiting the USA.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
barry looked sullen, clenched and pissed-off yet again. Very un-Presidential-like.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Romney made it clear about Obama's despise of Israel and that he is not their friend.. Romney hammered that it in pretty good, and Obama will lose the Jewish vote..

It took 3 chances and the moderator pushing Obama to say we will stand Israel if attacked.

Obama has pushed the 67 borderline in Israel and has consistently ignored or skipped over Israel on visits to the Middle East, or their leaders visiting the USA.

Honestly, IMO the Middle East and Israel especially should be a "No Touching Zone" for anyone.

The entire region doesn't need "help" from the rest of the world. They made their troubles themselves, let them lie in it and if they destroy themselves, oh well.

Why should Obama, or anyone, stand with Israel if attacked? For that matter why should only Israel matter? Personally I'm so tired of seeing people pander to Israel like they're some lost, waif child it'd be nice to see some hard stances for a change. Some definite end of BS talk towards them, and anyone else in the ME.

If Obama has made fewer trips to Israel, has that harder stance and isn't catering to them, then that just makes me more favorable to the man. Israel is not the be all and end all of the ME and it's time the rest of the world stops treating them like they are. Yes what was done to them through history sucks, yes WWII was the worst of it but really when does the guilt trip end?

(yes, waiting for the reds on this post)

Peaches

Nominee Member
Oct 19, 2012
Biloxi, MS
Alright Kanuks - I am about to purchase some fireworks for the celebration in the early morning hours of Nov 7 when NOBAMA turns into a thanksgiving turkey!!!!! What you do not understand is Romney's job was only to prove he was not a war monger to a war weary america, and to prove that he had knowledge of the world. Romney also got in some real zingers which stuck on Obummer. Americans Know about the cover up that the ambassador should either have been withdrawn to tripoli or he should have been given security which was cut back twice in the face of desperate cables 4-5 each increasingly desperate asking for increased security - no need for Romney to raise that. The Apology tour is also well known to to Americans, his bowing and groveling to Islam and his naieve speech - you visited 4 Islamic nations listing them but you did not visit israel - THAT was noticed too. Americans remember the Israili PM being shown the back door and left to cool his heels while Obummer went off to eat lunch to our closest ally in the Middle East! The fact that Obama did not seek to supply weapons to the greens in Iran when they were begging for help, that fact that weapons should have been supplied to the rebles in syria a year ago before 30,000 syrians were murdered by their own government. But Romney raised the most important issue that we must have a strong economy inorder to have a strong military. Women do not like confrontation. Fact checkers will find Romney was telling the truth. Obama was angry and frowning all through the debate compaired to Romney's pleasant and polite disposition through out. Spin it how you like the polls will tell the tail and I believe Romney will continue to pull ahead with two weeks to go. The gloves can be taken off on the campaign trail. I am telling you Seinors know that compensation cuts to medicair by 760,000,000. means it will be very difficult for seniors to find a medicare physician without having to perhaps pony up the difference their self. Seniors and doctors know that the 30 day rule is not realistic for health issues that have complications after discharge necessitating re admission like heart issues, Infections, etc - are these people just supposed to die. Seniors also know that at age 70 an unelected board will decide if they are prevented from having procedures which would extend or save their lives. And that Seniors age 55 and over will not be effected by a change allowing younger workers the chance to opt out of medicare IF THEY CHOOSE - they can invest their money much better than the government. Younger people who do not need anything but catastrophic coverage until about age 30 know they will be forced to pay for coverage they don't need and not be able to purchase that sports car, or apartment they want. Americans know the healthcare mandate will end our freedom as we know it in our country. Long lines and wait times will develop. Research making our health care cutting edge will go by the way. We will be paying for illegal aliens care. Nope Amereicans know when you are underemployed in part time positions or having to work two part time jobs or cant even find a job while gas and food prices have risen dramatically when we could be working on that canadian pipeline, drilling in the gulf, not closing coal fired electrical plants - and also know another trillion dollar stimulis for pork barral crony capitalist projects to Obama's campaign contributors for things like solindra, and ABC Batteries, and Unions instead of teaching our children - 20,000,000,000. in 2016 will be the end of our country - we cannot survive another 4 years of this - Americans are fed up and tired of laying in the muck. I believe Romney will win and on November 7 the Economy will take off like a rocket just on improved confidence and optimism about the future course of our country. Free Market Capitalism is the engine of our country.

He looks tired... Looks like a beaten man.

I think that he knows that the writing is on the wall for him

It is almost like Hillary's blank stair and slumped shoulders after the ambassador and 3 others were murdered - she knew it was her responsibility and she dropped the ball - she and Obama have their blood on their hands and the parents know that their murdered sons left without security, or who should have been evacuated to Tripoli are not "optimal" what a cold statement by an ass hole worried about his own skin and his job - he hasn't even campaigned to try to help his fellow democrats when in their states! He is a cold calculating political operative period end of sentence!

Yes the hang-dog look proves that the camera does not lie! What a LOSER!!!!!!!

Rest of world favours Obama

An average of 50% favoured Mr Obama, with 9% for Mr Romney, in the survey of 21,797 people in 21 countries.

BBC News - BBC poll: Rest of world favours Obama

America has less horses and bayonets in the military

New Orleans News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | wwltv.com | Video

News Flash, Americans don't care what the world thinks! We need LEADERSHIP we are the leader of the free world we liberate countries we do not dictate to them! We give more aid to the countries of the world than the rest of the world combined!....

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It is almost like Hillary's blank stair and slumped shoulders after the ambassador and 3 others were murdered - she knew it was her responsibility and she dropped the ball - she and Obama have their blood on their hands and the parents know that their murdered sons left without security, or who should have been evacuated to Tripoli are not "optimal" what a cold statement by an ass hole worried about his own skin and his job - he hasn't even campaigned to try to help his fellow democrats when in their states! He is a cold calculating political operative period end of sentence!

Yes the hang-dog look proves that the camera does not lie! What a LOSER!!!!!!!

I'll wager that Obama is awfully worried that the media (and Romney/Ryan) made it a point to talk about the President's campaign fund-raising obligations the day after the murders... And to use that sad excuse of a youtube video and 'demonstration' as the culprit.

Peaches

Nominee Member
Oct 19, 2012
Biloxi, MS

He is giving Israel the bird!!!!

Here is a real interesting link..

President Debate - Watch Live and Vote

I swear to God, that if the Democrats lived in the North and all the Republicans lived in the South, we would have another Civil War in the USA. Some of the vial and nasty comments towards each other political beliefs. WOW!! Just wow.

We will take our constitution and founding documents with us and preserve at least part of the United States as a Constitutional Republic practicing free market capitalism - Hey! I'll keep my guns, money and freedom you can keep the change!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH OBAMA. The fallout from a couple of million dishonoured warranties would be much greater than having the government back them.

Here is a real interesting link..

President Debate - Watch Live and Vote

I swear to God, that if the Democrats lived in the North and all the Republicans lived in the South, we would have another Civil War in the USA. Some of the vial and nasty comments towards each other political beliefs. WOW!! Just wow.

Ever read a union newsletter and see what the dippers have to say about the relatively good government we have in Canada?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Summing up Romney last night: Vote for me, I'm just like the other guy when it comes to foreign policy.

Summing up Obama last night: Vote for me, I am the other guy.