Arlen Specter dies

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Walter we would want the world to be flooded with your crocodile tears anyway.
Specter was a man who helped to bring progress to America as opposed to the
current crop of Republicans who want to take America back to the 19Th century.
I don't mock all Republicans but the current leadership is a mess why do you
think Jeb Bush and other serious Republicans have remained silent the only one
to say anything is the former Florida Governor and he is for Obama.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Specter was considered conservative during much of his time. Then, when the radical far right took over the Republican party, suddenly he was labelled a moderate and too conciliatory by those radicals.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually I don't know what the fuss is about down there in the excited states,
if I were down there, by Canadian standards, Obama is a left wing conservative.
There is not much Liberal about him really. Even the Medicare Plan is a weak
document. Europe, Canada and other parts of the world have recognized that
medicare should be available to all. The whole thing should be regarded as an
investment in the country not an expense.
God knows business has been absolved of benefits and should be paying for
something. Its time the rich and the companies quit whining and got down to the
business of doing their part. They want a free lunch, at the expense of the middle
class which is under pressure in America.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can understand the proliferation of "reds"! Unfortunately, for some people the only measure of a man is his political orientation! Doesn't matter if he saved a thousand lives, vote Democrat once and he's an a$$hole!

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Regardless of what one thought about Senator Spector's politics he always did what he said he was going to do. Unusual for a politician. I think he served his state's people well. Too bad we couldn't have had that experience here in California. I can always tell when our Senators are lying. I just watch their lips and every time they move they tell another lie.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Specter was considered conservative during much of his time. Then, when the radical far right took over the Republican party, suddenly he was labelled a moderate and too conciliatory by those radicals.

That's a load of crap. Why don't you remind us what "far right" means? Because that's code for anyone who opposes abortion and "gay marriage". Tell us, did the good folks who opposed these things before they took their predominance in our society, let's say before the sexual revolution, were they "far right" back then too? Us true Conservatives have never changed my friend. We still believe in the sanctity of God-given life and traditional marriage. Conservatives aren't "far right", society has gone far left!

Look at Specter's record on abortion, some pro-murder organization gave him only a 20 percent approval rating in 2005, but then gave him 100 percent in 2008. He went with the flow, followed the crowd.

God forgive him.

Last edited:

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Arlen Specter was a political opportunist from his earliest days.

He was a registered Democrat when he was the DA of Philadelphia, and he ran for office as a Democrat. Then, he wanted to run for the Senate, and he switched over to the Republican party in order to run.

He NEVER supported most Republican issues.

He switched back to being a Democrat because "I can only be reelected by becoming a Democrat". Surprise, surprise, the Democrats would not support him, and he lost in the primary election.

He is no real loss to the USA.

By the way, I met him several times when he was the District Attorney of Philadelphia. I was not impressed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Arlen Specter was a political opportunist from his earliest days.

He is no real loss to the USA.

By the way, I met him several times when he was the District Attorney of Philadelphia. I was not impressed.

I think he's beyond the point where he really gives a f**k! :lol: