TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
A Post Convention Message From President Obama

1 of 1

Today 8:20 am#1 | Report

Teddy BallgameMember
Online!

- What a fantastic Democratic convention and what a fantastic week it has been!

- While we couldn't get Justin Beiber as our keynote speaker, we did get a bunch of Hollywood celebritites to support us at this week's convention.

- And while some say that my speech last night was flat and lacked substance, especially compared with my 2004 convention speech or my 2008 election night speech with the fake Greek columns and the fake smoke or Bill Clinton's speech the night before, I think I got in three or four really good jokes and thats all my supporters are able to remember anyway.

- And yes, some say that having half or more of the delegates wanting to eliminate God from the platform as well as eliminating Jerusalem as the rightful capital of Israel and having our DNC chair caught not just lying (like breathing, Debbie does that all the time which makes her the quintessential DNC chair) but lying about lying were downers as was the US passing the 16 trillion dollar debt mark this week.

- But I say look at the fantastic jobs news that just came out this morning and you will see it is smooth sailing ahead to keep power in November.

- The latest jobs data shows that unemployment is DOWN, yes down from 8.3% to just 8.1% and so is the real unemployment rate, DOWN from 15% to 14.7%!

- Yes, the average unemployment rate during the Bush years was about 5.5% but people have such short memories.

- Oh, a special shout out to those 368,000 patriotic Obama supporting Americans who gave up looking for work last month and dropped out of the labour force which meant a decline in work force participation of .2% to 63.5%, the lowest in three decades.

- Thanks to you guys the official unemployment and real unemployment rates went down even though only 96,000 net jobs were created in August, a terrible number which is less than half of the 200,000 hoped for and less than a third of the 300,000 plus needed to actually grow the economy and shrink the unemployment rate to historical levels.

- Fortunately people, and especially my supporters, aren't able to remember more than short headlines so the takeaway from the August jobs report is unemployment down to 8.1% from 8.3%.

- Now I want to ask those true patriots out there who want to see me re-elected in November to make one more sacrifice for our future.

- If just 500,000 of you will quit looking for work in September, we can get that unemployment rate down to as low as 7.5% even if we create hardly any net new jobs as was the case in August.

- So please, folks, quit looking for work and help to save the one job that really counts here - mine!

- And while I can't offer you hope and change this time out, I certainly can hope that you will still have some loose change left after four more years of me.

- I'd close with God Bless America but that would alienate over half the convention delegates.

- I'm sure you understand.