You show us yours, we'll show you ours

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Allen West To Obama: Show Us Your College Records And Fast And Furious Docs And We’ll Show You Our Tax Returns…

What do you say, Barack?
Via The Hill:
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) set high stakes in an offered “deal” with President Obama on Friday.
Obama’s campaign isn’t backing down on requests to see Mitt Romney’s tax returns — on Friday, campaign manager Jim Messina offered to stop asking if he releases five years’ worth — but the freshman Florida congressman had a counteroffer for Obama.
“Show us your sealed college records and Operation Fast and Furious White House memos, and we will all show you our tax returns,” West wrote on his Facebook page Friday.
Allen West To Obama: Show Us Your College Records And Fast And Furious Docs And We’ll Show You Our Tax Returns… | Weasel Zippers

Twitter Room - The Hill's Twitter Room

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Are people trying to claim that college records are a prerequisite for being PotUS?

Desperate minds seek bizarre things to complain about.

It's not like Obama hasn't left a trail of things to complain about, this is pathetic.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Are people trying to claim that college records are a prerequisite for being PotUS?

Desperate minds seek bizarre things to complain about.

It's not like Obama hasn't left a trail of things to complain about, this is pathetic.

Like his birth certificate- People claim Obama never attended the University- I think it was Harvard.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Kinda funny,when the story about GWB going AWOL in the 197s was leaked,the republicans,were saying it was not a big deal,now something about Obama is a big deal.

would be simpler if they admited that the reason behind their motives,is "racism"

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
President of Havard Law Society, not much of an issue. Hiding funds offshore to transfer to family tax fee, that is an issue.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We know now just how much trouble America is in. Every Presidential hopeful shows his
tax records and prior to this time not a problem. Romney knows if he does that, he will not
be in a favorable light because while he helped dismantle America's manufacturing sector
he paid light on his taxes.
Obama didn't come through with his birth certificate true, but he did have one and the GOP
ended up embarrassed because they claimed it didn't exist and it did.
Wow two wonderful examples of priorities, the whole country is going in the toilet and these
people want to deal in the past.
If this continues all we will see is two heads swirling around the bowl one more time before
the final flush because voters will soon have had enough

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That shouldn't be a big issue, Can Revenue Agency allowed that and even blocked releasing the names of the big family trusts (ie, Liberal Party supporters) that were involved.

It was a few billion if I recall correctly-

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Obama didn't come through with his birth certificate true, but he did have one and the GOP
ended up embarrassed because they claimed it didn't exist and it did.

I always thought that issue was funny, since the Republican candidate was not born in the US, and all the Republican people were trying to claim Obama wasn't.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The wealthy will be wealthy.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) mom died he had her estate probabted in Florida when she was a resident of Massachusetts. Massachusetts estate taxes are much higher. The state he represented.

And Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) registered his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying the higher sales tax in Massachusetts. The state he represents.

So please... please spare me the big bad Republican thing.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The wealthy will be wealthy.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) mom died he had her estate probabted in Florida when she was a resident of Massachusetts. Massachusetts estate taxes are much higher. The state he represented.

And Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) registered his yacht in Rhode Island to avoid paying the higher sales tax in Massachusetts. The state he represents.

So please... please spare me the big bad Republican thing.

And how does Romney get around the fact that everyone running for President, for at least 3 decades released their taxes- And his money off shore.
He is going to get hammered on that and his low rate of taxes. Nothing illegal- But..................

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That shouldn't be a big issue, Can Revenue Agency allowed that and even blocked releasing the names of the big family trusts (ie, Liberal Party supporters) that were involved.
Tax evasion is an issue, whether or not the Republicans support it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And how does Romney get around the fact that everyone running for President, for at least 3 decades released their taxes- And his money off shore.
He is going to get hammered on that and his low rate of taxes. Nothing illegal- But..................

Again... what has he done wrong. I gave examples of other wealthy people doing what they can to keep what they've earned. Ted Kennedy probating his mom's estate in Florida, even though she was a Massachusetts resident and has been her whole life, so the GREEDY Liberal State of Massachusetts can't get their hands on the MILLIONS tht they would have.

He has released taxes but the Dems need more mud to sling to keep the campaign in the gutter. The Obama Campaign surely can't run on their record.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Again... what has he done wrong. I gave examples of other wealthy people doing what they can to keep what they've earned. Ted Kennedy probating his mom's estate in Florida, even though she was a Massachusetts resident and has been her whole life, so the GREEDY Liberal State of Massachusetts can't get their hands on the MILLIONS tht they would have.

He has released taxes but the Dems need more mud to sling to keep the campaign in the gutter. The Obama Campaign surely can't run on their record.

I did not state he did anything illegal- just what past persons have done when running for President- He will be hammered on this.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I did not state he did anything illegal- just what past persons have done when running for President- He will be hammered on this.

They're trying to make it an issue sure. What else can they do. They've haven't got enough mud. So they need Mitt to provide material for them. I doubt he will.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
I always thought that issue was funny, since the Republican candidate was not born in the US, and all the Republican people were trying to claim Obama wasn't.

- TenPenny ... Quelle surprise, you are mistaken. Mitt Romney was born in Detroit, Michigan where his father was an auto executive who went on to become the president of American Motors. Last time I looked, Detroit and Michigan were both included in the USA.

- Aside from Donald Trump, not one prominent Republican claims that Obama was born outside the USA so your comment that "all the Republican people were trying to claim Obama wasn't" is as accurate as your usual verbiage.