150 years ago - THE BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
My choir often uses this song as an encore; the audience is always impressed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"You know what is going to happen here in the morning? The whole Reb army will be here... Lee will set up a ring around these hills and Meade will move up cautiously........ but if we can hold them here in the morning, long enough for Reynolds and the infantry to arrive and deprive the enemy of the high ground we have a good chance to win the fight that's coming." Gen. Bufird US Cavalry on the eve of the Battle of Gettysburg

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
This brought a tear to my eye. I marched to that song formally for twenty + years in ceremony but never to the presentation like this one. It should be elevated to the "National Treasure" level. Thank you. I hope the Library iof Congress takes note@

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
And this is one of the reasons why America must be involved in a war because of that sacred hymn.

Not to many hymns about killing civillians and children I wonder why? Could it be that when God answers the Americans only hear what they want to hear?

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
We could be listening to Jimmy Craters "Our toss in the hay". That is a Liberal tune played as they march into the Welfare Check line isn't it? Or was in line to the latrine?