Mitt Romney to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as running mate

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Source: NBC: 3 sources indicate Romney will pick Ryan - First Read

People may remember Paul Ryan because his name has been given to the "Ryan Budget", the Republican budget crafted by Ryan that will turn the U.S.'s Medicare program into a voucher system.

Obama vs. Romney-Ryan

Al-Qaeda's leader has been killed, gays can serve openly in the military, there has been at least 25 tax cuts under Obama's watch, the maximum limit of strategic nuclear warheads in the U.S. and Russia has been reduced to 1550 from 2200, all U.S. combat troops have left Iraq, and Obama's economic policies have added as much as 4% growth to GDP during some quarters.

in one corner.

Vs.

"Starting in 2022, the proposal would end the current Medicare program for all Americans born after 1956 and replace it with a new program (still called Medicare) of somewhat voucher-like 'premium support payment' and would increase the age of eligibility for Medicare[.]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Path_to_Prosperity#Medicare_and_
Medicaid_reforms

in the other corner.

Oh boy.

Hey you, crazy left-wing liberal, what do you have to say about Romney-Ryan's plans? "Right-wing social engineering."

Newt Gingrich says Ryan Budget is Right Wing Social Engineering - YouTube

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Oh, oh.. Paul Ryan... sorry Bama he oulled out the big guns.. this guy is smart young and will be President some day

Sort of like how Sarah Palin was the big guns right after John McCain chose her.

This is an admission of fear from the Romney campaign. You don’t make a risky pick like Paul Ryan if you think the fundamentals favor your candidate. You make a risky pick like Paul Ryan if you think the fundamentals don’t favor your candidate. And, right now, the numbers don’t look good for Romney: Obama leads in the Real Clear Politics average of polls by more than four percentage points — his largest lead since April.

Related point: Two of the top contenders in the Romney campaign’s veepstakes were Ohio’s Rob Portman and Florida’s Marco Rubio. Given that there’s fairly good evidence that vice presidential candidates are worth at least a point or two in their home states, the Romney campaign’s decision to pick Ryan is evidence that they feel they need to change the national dynamic, not just pick off a battleground state.

Mitt Romney will name Paul Ryan as his VP. Here’s what that means.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ryan would be a good choice. Dumbo Biden can't be looking forward to the debates.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Sounds like nod to Tea Party.. anti-government, idolize the rich, trickle down.. sentiments.

It'll be disastrous for Romney as GOOD government is the only possible solution for the encroaching economic implosion brought on by Neo-Liberal economics (in place since the early 70s)... already well advanced, but with devastating shocks still to come.

That realization is descending even upon the notoriously dense American electorate. I see a landslide in the making, for a truly unworthy, Barack Obama.. who has provided nothing resembling good government in his tenure so far.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No. No I wasn't refering to Walter.

Just waiting for the US Libs to start their smear campaign against Ryan. They can't run on the economy can they?

Icarus is just leading off. I am sure more will follow.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Will be interesting to see if Americans are ready to stomach a slash and burn administration.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sort of like how Sarah Palin was the big guns right after John McCain chose her.

The only Big Guns Palin has... well :lol:

Palin would have been VPILF.. that's about it.. old guy with young hot VP on arm.. lol

Seriously, Paul Ryan is smart and I honestly think that someday will be President.. personally, I think they need to dumb Romney from the ticket and just run Paul Ryan for President.. Ryan would eat Obama for breakfast..

Ryan's plans are brilliant, and you'd have to have a below room temp IQ not to see it.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
EagleSmack;1631157}Just waiting for the US Libs to start their smear campaign against Ryan. They can't run on the economy can they?[/QUOTE said:
"Obama's economic policies have added as much as 4% growth to GDP during some quarters."

Sure U.S. libs can.

More on Paul Ryan:

As PolitiFact.com says, as of Aug. 11, Paul Ryan said "Mostly False" or "Pants on Fire" false things 43% of the time they've rated him.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/paul-ryan/

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dumbo Biden can't be looking forward to the debates.

I'd agree on that point. They may be entertaining though. Biden has a way of saying funny things without warning. Im surprised Obama is keeping him around actually.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
“I’m not a fan of [Romney's health care reform] system." Massachusetts is “seeing the system bursting by the seams, they’re seeing premium increases, rationing and benefit cuts."
As it should be trashed. I'm sure Romney has seen the error of his ways. Just like here in Canada the only way to make guvmint sponsored healthcare work is to cut services and increase taxes.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
As it should be trashed. I'm sure Romney has seen the error of his ways. Just like here in Canada the only way to make guvmint sponsored healthcare work is to cut services and increase taxes.
It's the only way to make healthcare work, period. The American system has been the mostly healthcare system on the planet.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010

Romney's campaign was hyping his health care law in Massachusetts just the other day, and now he's got a running mate that thinks the same law is a failure.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I'm not going to pass any judgements on any candidate. All I can see is we are in a fiscal hole and we seem to have that hole getting deeper. We need help. Not rhetoric.