Campaign 2012: Women and White people

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
President Obama appeals to women by pushing the issue of access to contraceptives, while Mitt Romney accuses him of watering down welfare reform — an issue that tends to stir up feelings about race among whites.

With the election still locked in a near-tie, the politics of gender and race have moved into the spotlight of the presidential campaign.

For most of the summer, the debate has focused on two things: the state of the economy and Mitt Romney's background in business. But in recent days, the two campaigns have added new, sharp-edged issues to the mix.

On Wednesday, President Obama flew to Colorado, a key battleground, where he pushed the issue of access to contraceptives, which is also the subject of a campaign ad in swing states featuring quotes from Romney attacking Planned Parenthood.

In Denver, Obama was introduced by Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown University law student who briefly became a political celebrity this spring when her comments about the need for Catholic universities to provide contraceptive coverage drew an attack by radio host Rush Limbaugh, who called her a "sluht."

more

Women, white people: Is that what campaign 2012 is coming down to? - latimes.com

Yeah, not about the economy, government welfare green-fails and barry's incompetence. nah. Wimin' ' ' white folk. :lol:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Another mindless male debating a womens issue.

I know I have said it before but there are many reasons for an abortion besides the convienence of birth control. You coud have a badly deformed fetus that wouldn't survive once born or the womens life may be in jeporady.

I don't think these morons understand that abortions are not exactly the easiest decision for a woman to make and they often suffer from severe depression wondering why they couldn't bring their baby to term.

He must be a Catholic because that sounds like something they would say. Or maybe he's part of the Taliban since they have the same belief system on womens rights. After all these guy's (republicans) take their talking points from that Muslim Lovin Frank Luntz.

Who knows what Doctors he was talking to, if any.....................

First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Akin said of rape-induced pregnancy

Todd Akin: Outlaw safe and legal abortion options for rape victims - YouTube

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Race relations are really getting much worse in America in my opinion. Obama promised to bring us together. He broke his promise.

Can that be laid at his door? Could all the problems have been addressed- Also the recession causes issues as well.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What is it with students and needing free rubbers?

I think it's a case of Republicans thinking that all students are in need of free rubbers, probably part of the right wing repressed sexuality thing.

In reality, students are as politically wide spread as the rest of society, but it doesn't get the right wingers all hot and sweaty if they don't think of sexy ****ty students.