There Is A Cancer On The Obama Presidency!

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- I have thought for some time that Obama and his Chicago mugs, thugs and slugs make Nixon and his team seem almost angelic by comparison.

- But the latest Obamination of a campaign ad by BO's PAC pals reaches the lowest point in the history of presidential campaign ads and thereby establishes that there is, indeed, a cancer on the Obama presidency.

- This cancer is rapidly eating away at what small vestiges of morality, integrity, honesty and decency had somehow remained after nearly four years of The Chicago Code afflicting The White House.

- And when even left leaning and Obama loving CNN condemns the ad in question as being wildly inaccurate, you know that there is no defence for it and that if Obama had a shred of dignity or decency remaining, he would instantly condemn this disgusting ad and have it pulled.

- Here is CNN's condemnation of this ad and after that I shall add some firther thoughts on this disgraceful piece of misleading political theatre:

CNN: ‘Romney Killed My Wife’ Ad Not Accurate

From CNN’s Situation Room, with Wolf Blitzer:

Ad Pins Woman’s Death On Romney – Transcript

BLITZER: … Meanwhile, a new attack ad by a Super PAC backing President Obama basically blames Mitt Romney for a woman’s death from cancer after his company, Bain Capital, shut down the steel mill where the woman’s husband worked. Let’s go to our White House correspondent, Brianna Keilar. She’s watching the story for us.

Brianna, on the surface, it seems pretty outrageous to blame Mitt Romney for the death of this woman. That’s a pretty outrageous claim, but what’s going on here?

BRIANNA KEILAR, CNN WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT: It does when you dig deeper here, Wolf, because this ad makes it sound like this woman passed away shortly after Bain Capital closed down the steel plant where her husband worked. But in reality, she passed away five years after it closed.

And the former steel worker in this ad, I spoke to him on the phone today, and he said that during some of that time, his wife had insurance through her employer. So, Wolf, this is a heart-wrenching story, but it’s not accurate.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

KEILAR (voice-over): Joe Soptic (ph) worked at GST steel in Missouri for almost 30 years. He was laid of after Bain Capital acquired the plant, eventually closing it down. Now, Soptic is featured in a new ad by Priorities USA Action, the Super PAC supporting President Obama’s re-election.

JOE SOPTIC, FORMER STEELWORKER & OBAMA SUPPORTER: When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare. And my family lost their healthcare. And a short time after that, my wife became ill. And then, I took her up to the Jackson County Hospital and admitted her for pneumonia. That’s when they found the cancer. And by then, it was stage 4. There was nothing they could do for her.

KEILAR: It’s a heartbreaking story, but the ad does not tell all of it. In 1999, Mitt Romney leaves Bain for the Salt Lake Olympics, stopping day-to-day oversight of the company but remaining CEO. In 2001, Joe Soptic (ph) loses his job when Bain closes the plant. His wife still has insurance, though, from her employer, Savers Thrift Store (ph).

A year later, Romney formerly leaves Bain, and it’s that year, 2002 or perhaps 2003, Soptic tells CNN that his wife leaves her job because of an injury. That’s when he became uninsured without fallback insurance from her husband. A few years later, in 2006, she goes to the hospital, is diagnosed with cancer, and dies just days later.

Soptic, an Obama supporter, who has appeared in another ad back in May for the Obama campaign blames Romney for the loss of his job and his insurance…

So this is the second Obama ad featuring this same Joe Soptic. He didn’t mention Romney killing his wife the first time around. Maybe it had slipped his mind.

Hilariously, Ms. Keilar goes on to note that she spoke with Bill Burton, a founder of Priorities USA Action about the ad:

KEILAR: And I pressed him on this, are you drawing this link between Mitt Romney and this woman’s death? And he said, no, we’re not doing that. But Wolf, I think a lot of people who looked at that ad, certainly you, certainly I, did not walk away from it with that impression.

Really, what would give anyone the impression that they were trying to connect Mitt Romney to this woman’s death?

Except that it is the entire point of the ad.

- In addition to CNN's condemnation of this absolute slime, let me make the following points:

1. Ironically, Romney as governor of Massachusetts introduced a new state health care law that has resulted in the most universal health care coverage in the country so that the woman in question would almost certainly have had health care insurance in Romney's home state.

2. If employees' health care insurance contnuation trumps such trifles as losing vast sums of shareholders' money then no uncompetitive and unprofitable companies would be liquidated and capitalism would be replaced by whatever it is that Dear Leader Obama and the loony left want to replace it with.

3. Not only was Romney not actively running Bain when it liquidated the steel compnay in question because Mitt was at the other end of the country working twleve hour days without pay to rescue the Winter Olympics, the guy who was actually running Bain at the time is an Obama supporter who thus far this year has bundled over $300,000 in contributions to BO`s foul smelling campaign.

4. At the time the steel compnay was liquidated and for at least a couple of years afterwards, the woman in question actually did have health care coverage from her own job and had she gone to a doctor for an examination and tests on a timely basis she might have lived longer and maybe even be alive today depending on the nature of her cancer.

5. Since Obama supporters tend to be on the take from the coerced taxpayers and from the Democratic Party, it is highly likely that this Joe Soptic (I almost typed Septic) is not only full of e-coli but also was paid for his two ads endorsing Obama. Has anyone asked him how much he has been paid to shill for the Obama team.

- Does anyone know of any previous presidential campaign ad that was more misleading and disgusting than this new low in character assassination.

- I certainly don`t.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
- I find when I type in short paragraphs, I like to use hyphens at the beginning.

- It really makes everything look important, and I can pretend I have some writing ability.

- In the end, though, it's pretty annoying to read.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
You must have missed most campaign ads over the last 25 or 30 years.

- Actually, I have missed no significant and national Canadian or American campaign ads in the elections from 1960 onwards.

- And while you and TenPenny may impress yourselves and perhaps even a few others who have IQs smaller than Twiggy's waist size in inches with your two vapid responses to my question, I shall wait in hope that others will actually respond with something substantive such as A SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of a previous campaign ad that is as viscious and dishonest as the referenced one which makes a fine and patriotic man out to be a cold hearted killer.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Frankly i think this add has a point. Romney started Bain as VULTURE fund... aimed at picking at carcas of American Industry done in Free Trade.. and making himself grotesquely rich in the process. He was the heart and soul of Bain .. he was the ideological architect of its corporate mission and its ethical standards... and he was in every legal sense RESPONSIBLE as a corporate officer for its moral decisions as CEO.

To become as rich as he is, he had to discard American workers.. their wages, health insurance, homes... to the ideological purity of maximizing his personal wealth.. and not surprisingly people got hurt to achieve that.. families were thrown out of homes.. people succumbed to inadequate health care.. families broke up... people committed suicide.

So now Romney doesn't want to held account for the legacy his creation.. BAIN Capital.. but that doesn't make him any less of blood sucking parasite on the American economy... who feels no obligation to pay taxes on his loot. Sounds to me like fair game .. WITHOUT.. excusing Obama.. who has been a pathetic mediocrity in his 4 years in office.. and ENABLER of the same economic system that made Romney rich.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
- Actually, I have missed no significant and national Canadian or American campaign ads in the elections from 1960 onwards.

- And while you and TenPenny may impress yourselves and perhaps even a few others who have IQs smaller than Twiggy's waist size in inches with your two vapid responses to my question, I shall wait in hope that others will actually respond with something substantive such as A SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of a previous campaign ad that is as viscious and dishonest as the referenced one which makes a fine and patriotic man out to be a cold hearted killer.

I gave you two specific examples. How many more do you want?

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
I gave you two specific examples. How many more do you want?

- TS ... I'm not sure whether you have a reading disorder or a comprehension disorder.

- I asked for at least one example OF A CAMPAIGN AD that was as dishonest, disgusting and depraved as this one.

- You responded with the stunningly stupid and meaningless generality about George W. Bush's two campaigns.

- Are you intelligent enough to see the basic difference between what I was asking for and the garbage that you spewed?

- If you are, then please try to be specific and rational and factual and objective and answer my question directly.

P.S. I promise not to hold my breath.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I would seriously like to know how many posters on this thread are US Citizens and are going to vote..

The rest, who gives a fukk what you think about Obama, Romney or whoever.. the only thing that counts is the one who actually gets to cast a vote.

Just look at the big stink Canadians put up when they thought Americans may have influenced the 2011 vote.. OMG!! Never heard the end of it..

Tories may have broken 2011 election rules with US Republican campaigners in Ontario | The Vancouver Observer

Obama will win another 4 years.. most people don't like change.. GWB was re-elected .. incumbent president usually wins in times of turmoil.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When you run out of arguments why the Romney campaign doesn't
resonate the hypothetical and the nasty stuff fills the page of ink.
Instead of debating issues the Republicans keep trying to define Obama
in an unfavorable light. In doing so they are defining their own miserable
soul.
Why is this happening? The incompetence of the Republican National
Committee allowed the Obama team to define the Republicans early and
now its a long grind. If Ryan and others throw red meat to the Convention
regarding Medicare Obama will use it well. He is making Medicare and the
loss of it the central theme and the economy will fade taking two issues
from his opponent.
I don't think the Republicans understand the problem they are in, they don't
want medicare in its current form. Unfortunately afford it or not the middle
class does and there is a huge difference right there.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How about you just put all your anti Obama bull$hit on a US forum where it just might reach someone who cares that you are a simpleton.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Reagan vs Dukakis was pretty bad as was Reagan vs Carter. There were enough lies leveled in those campaigns to equal those of the previous four or five. Remember Reagan convincing everyone that Carter had fatally weakened the US in its confrontation with the USSR even though he had only been president for one term? Remember the Republicans slandering Dukakis for letting murderers out of jail?

Historically US politics has been dirty for decades; and it was even worse in the 19th century.

BTW, if your facts are accurate you really don't need to resort to insults to prove your point. The facts will do it for you.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Americans want Canadian type Medicare and only the Obama’s camp is offering it the Romney camp said they will dump it as soon as they are elected.

Romney has proven that closing down plants and moving American jobs overseas is his specialty, Obama's "Buy America" policy is going to win him the election.

Glenn Beck says that Americans should do for themselves and not depend on the government the problem is that the Romney camp is willing to cut the government and let Americans starve to death because they have to decide between food or healthcare to live.

The time to cut government spending is when times are good not when the majority of the American people are in need.

I will not be voting in the American elections because I am Canadian but Obama will win because the majority of the American people are smart.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
1/ Americans want Canadian type Medicare and only the Obama’s camp is offering it the Romney camp said they will dump it as soon as they are elected.

2/ Romney has proven that closing down plants and moving American jobs overseas is his specialty, Obama's "Buy America" policy is going to win him the election.

3/ Glenn Beck says that Americans should do for themselves and not depend on the government the problem is that the Romney camp is willing to cut the government and let Americans starve to death because they have to decide between food or healthcare to live.

4/ The time to cut government spending is when times are good not when the majority of the American people are in need.

5/ I will not be voting in the American elections because I am Canadian but Obama will win because the majority of the American people are smart.

- Liberalman: You are a regular laugh riot. While you have carefully avoided the actual subject of my thread and while I generally don't bother responding to people who both call themselves Liberalman and who have a picture of Peter Waterhole the Godfather of Canada's Debt as their avatar, lets take your pithy points (they are certainly full of pith) one by one, shall we?

1/ Not true. Polls consistently show that 55-65% of Americans don't want Obamacare and do want it to be repealed. If a majority of Americans really wanted Obamacare, then Obama would bring it up every chance he gets (its his only achievement in four years after all) instead bringing up Romney's tax returns every chance he gets.

2/ Not true. Romney and Bain managed to rescue over 80% of the struggling companies that they took over when he was the head of Bain. Many of these became huge successes creating tens of thousands of net jobs right there in America. Clearly, you have the same economic and business acument as your idol Peter Waterhole and his American equivalent Barack Obama. As to Obama's stupid and cynical "Buy American" policy, it does a disservice to both the US and Canada. Indeed, Obama has been a job creating disaster whose policies have resulted in the worst economic recovery since the recession. AP's analysis shows that after three years of recovery from the nine recessions since the Great Depression, the average recovery rate for jobs lost in the recessions is 350% whereas it is at an historic low of 46% (i.e. only 4 million out of 8.8 million lost jobs recovered).

3/ Not true. However, that disgusting lie and drive by smear right out of the cancerous Obama campaign of thuggish negativity is appreciated because it tends to prove the point of this thread which obviously has utterly escaped you.

4/ It is absolutely hilarious for a Trudeau Liberal with the record of economic and fiscal carnage associated with Peter Waterhole to be so arrogant as to lecture anyone at all on economic or fiscal policies. Thus far, Obama has pissed away over 5 trillion in added debt with nothing to show for it. His stimulus spending on shovel ready projects (which really meant union payoffs) was a particular flop and joke since the only thing in his administration that was shovel ready was Joe Biden's mouth.

5/ The majority of Americans may be smart but they are also too busy trying to survive and to raise their family to be able to keep themselves informed about political, economic and financial issues and about the candidates' quaifications for office and platforms for leadership. So they are susceptible to charisma and glibness and phony likability and catchy commericals and well written but insincere speeches. This is how Obama won last time. It is how Obama could well win again this year. In which case, may God help and save America.