The Real Poll Numbers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
[SIZE=+7]DICK MORRIS: BEWARE THE LIB MEDIA POLLS...

[/SIZE]The media is trying to create a sense of momentum and of inevitability about the Obama candidacy. One benighted Newsweek reporter even speculated about a possible Democratic landslide.

On Friday, I saw the real numbers. These state-by-state polls, taken by an organization I trust (after forty years of polling) show the real story. The tally is based on more than 600 likely voter interviews in each swing state within the past eight days.

The trend line is distinctly pro-Romney. Of the thirteen states studied, he improved or Obama slipped in nine states while the reverse happened in only four. To read the media, one would think that Romney had a terrible month. In fact, the exact reverse is true.

Romney is currently leading in every state McCain carried plus: Indiana, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Nevada, North Carolina, and Colorado. If he carries these states, he’ll have 228 electoral votes of the 270 he needs to win.

To win the election, Romney would then have to carry Florida where he trails by two points, and either Virginia (behind by two) or Ohio where he’s down by only one.

If he carries all three of these states and also wins all the others where Obama is now at 50% or less – Iowa, New Mexico, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey — he will get 351 electoral votes, a landslide about equal to Obama’s 363 vote tally in 2008.

The strong probability is that Romney does, in fact, carry Florida, Ohio, and Virginia and a share of the other states where Obama is below 50% of the vote.

So don’t believe the garbage being put out by the media. The attempt to portray Romney as not catching on and as dropping in the polls is ludicrous. It is, at best, the product of incompetent polling and, at worst, the result of deliberate media bias. But Romney is winning and expanding his lead each week. That’s the real story.

The Real Poll Numbers at DickMorris.com

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Point does remain though, many are what they are told they are.

Whether it's a 'kitchen table' full of broads on morning tv, blathering talking CNN heads in the afternoon or the first 10 minutes of the corporate 6pm news.

Sadly, if it's all they tune in to, they will happily drone away.

Blogs, aggregators, and common sense are a much better guide.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all Romney should be ahead in the polls by a larger number than he is.
Incumbents are always behind at this time of the American Campaigns it the
fall that tells the story. Romney is little more than a paper tiger who is looking
for relevance in the face of reality. The problem is the Republicans are the
ones responsible for the current mess that will take ten or more years to clean
up.
People are starting to understand, free trade deals and big corporations gave
their jobs to someone else. I think its time for good old fashioned protectionism.
America First, Canada First etc. We have the raw materials and the trained and
educated people and we can if we want use that to our advantage.
Want oil? Give us access to your market if not no oil.
We can feed ourselves we can develop our own industry and we don't need to
compete with third world conditions in a race to the bottom.
We are dealing with dictators and hypocrites. How is it that China does not
allow Christmas to be celebrated but their factories turn out Christmas decorations?

The above is one example. I think we are people who do not have to put up with
this crap, it is time we demanded more from our governments and our business leaders.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Americans are political morons who still do no realize that they live in a corporate dictatorship. It doesn't matter if the Dems or the Repubs get in, they will still have the same government that has no interest in they needs, hopes or aspirations. They have been brainwashed into mindless consumer zombies by corporate greed and malice. Canada is not far behind. There is no country called the US of A. There is only a corporate entity with absolute control. Politics, especially the American Circus, is nothing more than entertainment for the brain dead.

I would have been terribly surprised if Walter had agreed with me. He still thinks it is all real. Poor fellow.

Last edited:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Looks like more right wing spin. Too bad Morris does not realize, as Cliffy pointed out, that Obama is not really a liberal. We'll just wait and see; the only real poll that counts is the one in November.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Americans are political morons who still do no realize that they live in a corporate dictatorship. It doesn't matter if the Dems or the Repubs get in, they will still have the same government that has no interest in they needs, hopes or aspirations. They have been brainwashed into mindless consumer zombies by corporate greed and malice. Canada is not far behind. There is no country called the US of A. There is only a corporate entity with absolute control. Politics, especially the American Circus, is nothing more than entertainment for the brain dead.

I would have been terribly surprised if Walter had agreed with me. He still thinks it is all real. Poor fellow.
I think a more accurate way of describing what has happened to America is to conceive of a fusion of Big Business and Big Govt. They are really one in the same.

In any event, I would like to thank you for the warm good wishes for the American people.