An Important Message To All Americans From President Obama

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
- My Fellow Americans,

- I am delaying my tee time by an hour this morning and may also have to delay my fundraIsing appearance at Buddy's Back Door Bar and Grill on Fire Island tonight by an hour in order to make this important address to you concerning last Friday's job data for the month of July.

- I first of all want to sincerely thank the 155,000 Americans who gave up looking for work in July because if they had not done this the unemployment rate would be higher than it is. If 155,000 Americans will only give up looking for work every month for the next four years or so, we should be able to get unemployment to within two percent of the average unemployment rate during the Bush administration. I am counting on your co-operation in this regard.

- I also note that unemployment went up in July from 8.2% to 8.3% and that the so called real unemployment rate composed of the officially unemployed plus those who have given up and dropped out of the work force increased from 14.9% in June to 15% in July.

- But let us focus on the one piece of good news from the July jobs report which is that the number of new jobs increased by 165,000 instead of the 100,000 new jobs that were predicted for July. Yes, this figure may have to be revised downwards just as the figures for most of the past six months have had to be revised downwards and yes this is less than half the number needed to make a serious dent in the unemployment rate and yes it is far lower than the monthly job creation rate in any recovery during the past 60 years and yes we are growing at an anemic 1.5% when we need to grow at nearly 4%. But by the time my Chicago spin doctors and con artistes get through dissembling on this, it will look to the average voter like we are turning the corner on the economy and unemployment and that it is all Bush and Romney`s fault anyway.

- OK, I`m heading out to the golf course and I suggest you guys get back to thinking about the real issues of this campaign which are Mitt Romney`s tax returns for the past ten years and how much Ann Romney`s sweater really costs.

- In closing, let me again give a special shout out to those co-operative 155,000 Americans who stopped looking for work in July and thereby made my unemployment numbers look better than they might have. And let me also give you struggling Americans out there a priceless piece of advice from your Dear Leader: always use your long irons instead of your fairway woods when you have a choice between the two.

- Thank you and may God help America.

TeddyBallgame

Time Out
Mar 30, 2012
Better than going hunting with Cheney. By a long shot, or a close shot, depends on his shooting game
(Game to be defined by Cheney's rifle).
Oh so many puns.

- G ... Well, Duffer-In-Chief BO certainly has an ability to get himself out of really bad lies every time so maybe he is a good golfer or maybe he is just a good BSer. As to comparing this extraordinarily unaccomplished nobody whose only claim to fame was that he apparently got decent grades at Harvard (although we're not really sure because his grades at Harvard and everywhere else are a state secret and in any case Romney got even higher grades at Harvard in the incredibly difficult double degree program of business and law) with Dick Cheney and his resume of proven results in business and government is a bit like comparing Stephen Hawking with Usain Bolt in the 100 meter dash. Also, voters really ought to take their heads out of their anuses and to realize that they are not selecting a golf partner or a guy they might enjoy having a beer with but rather someone qualified to run the most complex, costly and powerful organization on earth.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
O.K. here is my take.. what's the alternatives.. Romney vs Obama.. I choose the lessor of two evils - that would be Obama.

[youtube]Ud3mMj0AZZk[/youtube]

Here is the problem with the Republican jargon.. there line is everyone should be rich.. it's like selling a dream to the poor.. here is your lotto ticket if you vote for us..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
- G ... Well, Duffer-In-Chief BO certainly has an ability to get himself out of really bad lies every time so maybe he is a good golfer or maybe he is just a good BSer. As to comparing this extraordinarily unaccomplished nobody whose only claim to fame was that he apparently got decent grades at Harvard (although we're not really sure because his grades at Harvard and everywhere else are a state secret and in any case Romney got even higher grades at Harvard in the incredibly difficult double degree program of business and law) with Dick Cheney and his resume of proven results in business and government is a bit like comparing Stephen Hawking with Usain Bolt in the 100 meter dash. Also, voters really ought to take their heads out of their anuses and to realize that they are not selecting a golf partner or a guy they might enjoy having a beer with but rather someone qualified to run the most complex, costly and powerful organization on earth.

How would you rate GW Bush during his 2 terms.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
How would you rate GW Bush during his 2 terms.

I loved the guy!!! But you already know that.. hehehe

G.Debbwa has the...

to go it alone into Iraq after the USA was attacked after 9/11..

History will tell if that move started the Middle Eastern strive from freedom..

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The problem goes back to the Bush era and Reagan before that. Deregulation and
changes to allow financial institutions and resource companies not to mention the
Wall Street folks. Obama was given the biggest dung pile in history to sort out in
three and a half years and that is not reasonable.
Obama brought them into the twenty first century with a medical plan, not the best
but when you are dealing with some of the thick headed people in that country its
better than nothing.
Imagine Romney wants to go back to preexisting conditions and reasons to deny
coverage to people who are ill or in chronic care. He should be ashamed of himself.
In addition he is making changes, demanding no more trickle down, the rich should
pay their fair share.
Here is a question, Why is it that when union employees are on strike and its deemed
in the national interest their rights are trampled on and they are forced back to work
as essential employees. Yet at the same time, investors can simply withhold investment
because they don't approve of the peoples choice in leadership In addition banks can
be bailed out by government and yet withhold the money they are given, because its not
suitable to them to enhance the economy by circulating the money in investment loans
to small business. We have to ensure the money that bails out or assistance financial
institutions in subject to strict conditions or let them fall. NO more trickle down.
The other thing that must be enforced, is if you are going to trade on the Stock Exchange
as an American Company or in Canada Canadian, you must produce a significant amount
of product in the home country. Lastly part time workers and full time workers should be
entitled to benefits. That would in turn ensure full time well paid jobs and put an end to
the free lunch large corporations that pit people off against each other regionally.
If workers are going to take less, the business world should therefore lower their profit
margins. Everyone has to pull their load

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The problem goes back to the Bush era and Reagan before that. Deregulation and
changes to allow financial institutions and resource companies not to mention the
Wall Street folks. Obama was given the biggest dung pile in history to sort out in
three and a half years and that is not reasonable.
Obama brought them into the twenty first century with a medical plan, not the best
but when you are dealing with some of the thick headed people in that country its
better than nothing.
Imagine Romney wants to go back to preexisting conditions and reasons to deny
coverage to people who are ill or in chronic care. He should be ashamed of himself.
In addition he is making changes, demanding no more trickle down, the rich should
pay their fair share.
Here is a question, Why is it that when union employees are on strike and its deemed
in the national interest their rights are trampled on and they are forced back to work
as essential employees. Yet at the same time, investors can simply withhold investment
because they don't approve of the peoples choice in leadership In addition banks can
be bailed out by government and yet withhold the money they are given, because its not
suitable to them to enhance the economy by circulating the money in investment loans
to small business. We have to ensure the money that bails out or assistance financial
institutions in subject to strict conditions or let them fall. NO more trickle down.
The other thing that must be enforced, is if you are going to trade on the Stock Exchange
as an American Company or in Canada Canadian, you must produce a significant amount
of product in the home country. Lastly part time workers and full time workers should be
entitled to benefits. That would in turn ensure full time well paid jobs and put an end to
the free lunch large corporations that pit people off against each other regionally.
If workers are going to take less, the business world should therefore lower their profit
margins. Everyone has to pull their load

Sub Prime Mortgages started under Clinton -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I loved the guy!!! But you already know that.. hehehe

G.Debbwa has the...

to go it alone into Iraq after the USA was attacked after 9/11..

History will tell if that move started the Middle Eastern strive from freedom..

what the hell does Iraq have to do with 9/11?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
- My Fellow Americans,

- I am delaying my tee time by an hour this morning and may also have to delay my fundraIsing appearance at Buddy's Back Door Bar and Grill on Fire Island tonight by an hour in order to make this important address to you concerning last Friday's job data for the month of July.

- I first of all want to sincerely thank the 155,000 Americans who gave up looking for work in July because if they had not done this the unemployment rate would be higher than it is. If 155,000 Americans will only give up looking for work every month for the next four years or so, we should be able to get unemployment to within two percent of the average unemployment rate during the Bush administration. I am counting on your co-operation in this regard.

- I also note that unemployment went up in July from 8.2% to 8.3% and that the so called real unemployment rate composed of the officially unemployed plus those who have given up and dropped out of the work force increased from 14.9% in June to 15% in July.

- But let us focus on the one piece of good news from the July jobs report which is that the number of new jobs increased by 165,000 instead of the 100,000 new jobs that were predicted for July. Yes, this figure may have to be revised downwards just as the figures for most of the past six months have had to be revised downwards and yes this is less than half the number needed to make a serious dent in the unemployment rate and yes it is far lower than the monthly job creation rate in any recovery during the past 60 years and yes we are growing at an anemic 1.5% when we need to grow at nearly 4%. But by the time my Chicago spin doctors and con artistes get through dissembling on this, it will look to the average voter like we are turning the corner on the economy and unemployment and that it is all Bush and Romney`s fault anyway.

- OK, I`m heading out to the golf course and I suggest you guys get back to thinking about the real issues of this campaign which are Mitt Romney`s tax returns for the past ten years and how much Ann Romney`s sweater really costs.

- In closing, let me again give a special shout out to those co-operative 155,000 Americans who stopped looking for work in July and thereby made my unemployment numbers look better than they might have. And let me also give you struggling Americans out there a priceless piece of advice from your Dear Leader: always use your long irons instead of your fairway woods when you have a choice between the two.

- Thank you and may God help America.

Now I see why humour is only a one way street-

• View topic - An Important Message To All Americans From President Obama

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Here is the problem with the Republican jargon.. there line is everyone should be rich.. it's like selling a dream to the poor.. here is your lotto ticket if you vote for us..
Their, not there.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sub Prime Mortgages started under Clinton -
911 impacted the housing boom. When stock markets tanked and terrorism shook the nation's psyche everyone put most of their assets into real estate.

When people think the world economy might be coming to an end they want their dirt. That more than anything created the real estate spike.

Alberta has very relaxed mortgage lending criteria with assumed mortgages. Basically anyone can assume a mortgage without standard debt servicing criteria. The only catch is the person leaving the mortgage will be responsible for a guarantee in the first two years. In other words if the assumption deal doesn't work out they have to take it back, if necessary. That's incredibly relaxed lending. If Canada's housing market tanks you can bet Alberta will be shaken pretty bad. But that's the way it is. There's risk in everything and nothing is going to withstand a major spike up followed by a major correction.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
911 impacted the housing boom. When stock markets tanked and terrorism shook the nation's psyche everyone put most of their assets into real estate.

When people think the world economy might be coming to an end they want their dirt. That more than anything created the real estate spike.

Alberta has very relaxed mortgage lending criteria with assumed mortgages. Basically anyone can assume a mortgage without standard debt servicing criteria. The only catch is the person leaving the mortgage will be responsible for a guarantee in the first two years. In other words if the assumption deal doesn't work out they have to take it back, if necessary. That's incredibly relaxed lending. If Canada's housing market tanks you can bet Alberta will be shaken pretty bad. But that's the way it is. There's risk in everything and nothing is going to withstand a major spike up followed by a major correction.

Now we are talking CMHC- Alberta has to meet those requirements- that said- the banks when a person does not have the 5 % down- offer a cash back and CMHC fees are also included as part of the 5 % min required to purchase a house. How can the banks lose.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Now we are talking CMHC- Alberta has to meet those requirements- that said- the banks when a person does not have the 5 % down- offer a cash back and CMHC fees are also included as part of the 5 % min required to purchase a house. How can the banks lose.
My understanding is the assumption rules are across the board.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Loans are such a scam.. pay cash.. over 35 years and interest you would have paid double the cost of the house..

$400,000 dollar home, 5% down. $20,000.

Mortage payments $1,400/mo, $16,800 a year, $588,000 over 35 years on a $380,000 loan. bank made $208,000.