Justice Dept. Plans to Sue Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
White? Check.
Lawful? Check.
Defends the US Constitution? Check.
Frustrated with Obama’s lawlessness? Check.

Then prosecute the bastard.

(ABC News) — Federal authorities say they intend to file a lawsuit against Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio and his department over allegations of civil rights violations.

The U.S. Justice Department sent a letter dated Wednesday to lawyers for the Maricopa County sheriff, giving his office “notice of intent to file civil action.”

Arpaio’s office has been accused of racially profiling Latinos, basing immigration patrols on racially-charged citizen complaints that didn’t allege crimes and punishing Hispanic jail inmates for speaking Spanish.

The DOJ also has accused Arpaio of having a culture of disregard for basic constitutional rights.

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Notice of Intent to File Civil Action: U.S. Justice Department Officially Serves Notice to Sheriff Joe Arpaio and His Department Over Allegations of Civil Rights Violations

more 'progressive meddling':

Justice Dept. Plans to Sue Ariz. Sheriff Arpaio - ABC News

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If a crook's description is given to the police as being bald, and they bring me in for questioning, can I make a complaint that I was profiled for being follicularly challenged????:smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We could use several dozen just like him up here. Not too many in his prison go back for a second dose!

Then how do you explain the fact that Arpaio has been successfully sued for MILLIONS and has lost his cases?

Corrupt lawyers?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
We could use several dozen just like him up here. Not too many in his prison go back for a second dose!

Corrupt lawyers?

The judges there are all Republicans and it is they who allow all manner of evidence into the court rooms. Therefore, the lawsuits must have great justification.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The judges there are all Republicans and it is they who allow all manner of evidence into the court rooms. Therefore, the lawsuits must have great justification.

Ya figure Republicans are more corrupt than Democrats? I always figured all political stripes are pretty well tarred with the same brush.................all CORRUPT. :lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Illegal immigration from Mexico has dropped in the past year, there is actually more Mexicans returning to Mexico then arriving in the US.

40-year wave of Mexican migration recedes, as illegal immigration ebbs (+video) - CSMonitor.com

"The standstill in Mexican immigration seems to be a result of the weakened US economy in which jobs are harder to find, heightened border control, greater danger crossing the border illegally, and a rise in deportations. Other factors include an improved Mexican economy and a decline in birthrates in Mexico."

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
O.K. here is my take on Mexico and Immigration..

Pre 1988 the Mexican economy was strong. The dollar high, good paying jobs.. all in all Mexico was almost like Canada, but just warmer.

Mexico - ECONOMY

Of course back in the 1980s, of the southern border of Mexico, Guatemala and Nicaragua were facing civil war and revolution, and there was fear of a communist government being established close to the United States.

The United States as always played politics with other countries governments, Haiti, Egypt and Iraq are perfect examples of this.. funding and backing their puppet Presidents.. friendly to the USA and US interests. (Robo calls could be Made in The USA.??)

Well in the 1988 the USA funded and backed the election of Carlos Salinas de Gortari, with worries that the war in Central America could spread to Mexico and the USA could have a communist country on their southern border..

Mexican President Carlos Salinas, began to pillage Mexico's riches.. most of which are now in France. I "stole" or gained personal ownership of the largest Mexican telephone company.

He devalued the Mexican Peso.

He took and economy that was in pretty good shape, and from 1988 to 1994 basically bankrupt the economy, mass unemployment and a country that now can't sustain it's own citizens.. of course with the backing of the USA.

Carlos Slim Helu & family: Telmex, America Movil, Grupo Carso, Sanborn's, an airline, bank, department stores, a construction company, restaurants, music outlets, insurance, auto parts and ceramic tiles. Net worth $60 billion.

Wikileaks: Cable identifies Mexico's richest businessmen - El Paso Times

The United States can't even rescue it's own economy, much less Mexico's economy. But I think the USA is responsible for the financial mess south of the border and has a duty to give aid or allow a certain number of Mexicans into the USA to live.. 11 million sound about right.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Stupid statement huh?

Republican blog? LOL!

JLM; said:
Ya figure Republicans are more corrupt than Democrats? I always figured all political stripes are pretty well tarred with the same brush.................all CORRUPT. :lol:

Chief Judge Berch is a Republican. While there are some Dems in that state's SC and others in lower courts, ultimately the cases in that state are decided by Republicans. Since the rulings in the Arpaio cases have been upheld, then no one can rightfully blame Democrats for those decisions. Instead, blame Arpaio for his violations of people's rights.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Republican blog? LOL!

Chief Judge Berch is a Republican. While there are some Dems in that state's SC and others in lower courts, ultimately the cases in that state are decided by Republicans. Since the rulings in the Arpaio cases have been upheld, then no one can rightfully blame Democrats for those decisions. Instead, blame Arpaio for his violations of people's rights.

While I doubt that Sheriff Arpaio is perfect, from what I've heard there is much more good than bad in the man. He does NOT put up with ANY bullsh*t. Are you talking about violation of prisoners' rights. We learnt that once incarcerated your rights were greatly reduced..........like to three squares a day and a place to sleep. I haven't heard of him threatening those rights. The pink jump suits looks good on them too! If they get tired of him down there, they can ship him up here anytime. Just what we need for a custodian for Michael Rafferty and that bitch and Paul Bernardo while he's at it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
While I doubt that Sheriff Arpaio is perfect, from what I've heard there is much more good than bad in the man. He does NOT put up with ANY bullsh*t. Are you talking about violation of prisoners' rights. We learnt that once incarcerated your rights were greatly reduced..........like to three squares a day and a place to sleep. I haven't heard of him threatening those rights. The pink jump suits looks good on them too! If they get tired of him down there, they can ship him up here anytime. Just what we need for a custodian for Michael Rafferty and that bitch and Paul Bernardo while he's at it.

A state with a large Republican majority and whose courts are headed by Republicans has juries that award MILLIONS for his violations - what does that tell you?

Arpaio may not put up with BS but, evidently, neither do Arizona juries or judges. You haven't heard of him threatening people's rights but juries have weighed the evidence while you did not. Not even half of the cases against Arpaio have been decided and he has nearly caused the state to go bankrupt. Considering the fact that Arizona is a Republican state (and as far to the right as it gets), that clearly shows that he is in the wrong. If you are a conservative who believes that government has no business intruding into the rights of citizens then you should be siding with those juries and the judges who presided over those cases.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A state with a large Republican majority and whose courts are headed by Republicans has juries that award MILLIONS for his violations - what does that tell you?

Arpaio may not put up with BS but, evidently, neither do Arizona juries or judges. You haven't heard of him threatening people's rights but juries have weighed the evidence while you did not. Not even half of the cases against Arpaio have been decided and he has nearly caused the state to go bankrupt. Considering the fact that Arizona is a Republican state (and as far to the right as it gets), that clearly shows that he is in the wrong. If you are a conservative who believes that government has no business intruding into the rights of citizens then you should be siding with those juries and the judges who presided over those cases.

I know nothing about all the ramifications, but I love that the prisoners get absolutely no frills, they work for their meals (I think I heard somewhere that he's got the cost of the meals down to about 20 cents a meal) they live in tents. With so many things right, I can't see much wrong. But I think the proof is in the pudding that very very few go back for a second dose. It is the "Ministry of Corrections" is it not? I'd have to say "Mission Accomplished"..............................f**K the bleeding hearts!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
White? Check.
Lawful? Check.
Defends the US Constitution? Check.
Frustrated with Obama’s lawlessness? Check.

Not quite sure how you managed to connect Obama to this. Under the US separation of powers the president cannot interfere in judicial matters.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
When Joe calls an incompetent's bluff and they have no evidence; sue the hell out of Joe to scare him off. Holder is a poor AG too!

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I know nothing about all the ramifications, but I love that the prisoners get absolutely no frills, they work for their meals (I think I heard somewhere that he's got the cost of the meals down to about 20 cents a meal) they live in tents. With so many things right, I can't see much wrong. But I think the proof is in the pudding that very very few go back for a second dose. It is the "Ministry of Corrections" is it not? I'd have to say "Mission Accomplished"..............................f**K the bleeding hearts!

Don't grocery stores pay people to take their garbage? He was feeding prisoners rotten fruit, how was it he didn't get the cost of a meal down from a 20 cent cost to a 20 cent profit?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don't grocery stores pay people to take their garbage? He was feeding prisoners rotten fruit, how was it he didn't get the cost of a meal down from a 20 cent cost to a 20 cent profit?

The same stuff that is otherwise used to make jam out of! :lol: