How I Was Arrested at Occupy Wall Street

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How I Was Arrested at Occupy Wall Street | Occupy Cyberspace – American Autumn

Last night I was arrested in my home town, outside an event to which I had been invited, for standing lawfully on the sidewalk in an evening gown. Let me explain; my partner and I were attending an event for the Huffington Post, for which I often write: Game Changers 2011, in a venue space on Hudson Street. As we entered the space, we saw that about 200 Occupy Wall Street protesters were peacefully assembled and were chanting. They wanted to address Governor Andrew Cuomo, who was going to be arriving at the event.

Full Story

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If you read the whole story she was not innocently standing there and got arrested. She was 'instigating'. And while she may or may not have been right (I suspect we are not hearing the whole story -- only her side) she got herself arrested. The courts will sort it out. The minute I saw she was involved in the disturbance, she lost my sympathy.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If you read the whole story she was not innocently standing there and got arrested. She was 'instigating'. And while she may or may not have been right (I suspect we are not hearing the whole story -- only her side) she got herself arrested. The courts will sort it out. The minute I saw she was involved in the disturbance, she lost my sympathy.

You're dead right.

She was inciting the crowd and attempting to apply her I've-watched-a-TV-show-about-lawyers-therefore-I-am-a-lawyer mentality on the police. Didn't work it seems.

Mind you, I did get a kick out of her comment that the holding cell was plastered with 'blood and feces'... I wonder if one's ability to soil a public holding cell in such a manner is one of the inalienable rights that she was attempting to invoke on the street?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Great way to get some free publicity though.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The message is really clear.

In this woman's case it's: Buy my magazine

In Michale Moore's case it's: Pay to go see my dumbass documentaries

See... they have their own reasons for Occupy Wall St.

Fat azz will want to make a documentary that you will pay $9.00 to go see at a corporate owned theater. Then it will go to Sony on a Blu-Ray, or you can On-Demand from one of the CATV Corporations.

And the woman will push her corporately owned magazine on the 99%.

Add that to the noise of reasons.