Occupy Wall Street Fail

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

And in other news today - the wealthy can't be sympathetic to the needs of the middle class and the poor. This news coming to you from those who love the rich.

You heard it here first folks.

More at 11.

C'mon now.... I can appreciate that it is uncomfortable when the light that exposes the hypocrisy hits home, but the presence of this individual is entirely worthy of conversation.

Don't you think?

mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

C'mon now.... I can appreciate that it is uncomfortable when the light that exposes the hypocrisy hits home, but the presence of this individual is entirely worthy of conversation.

Don't you think?

I think you should just enjoy the humble pie because it tastes so good on this end.

I'll give you cred for acknowledging my post instead of indirectly answering them in third person.. *cough cough*
Last edited by mentalfloss; Oct 18th, 2011 at 09:33 AM..

JLM
No Party Affiliation

And in other news today - the wealthy can't be sympathetic to the needs of the middle class and the poor. This news coming to you from those who love the rich.

More at 11 when we reveal how to shove your fist in a blender without getting cut.

Being wealthy is only part of it...........Bob Hope was immensely wealthy and virtually all people loved him. Who examined the financial side of him?

petros
Something that needs to mentioned is Wall Street and drugs.

Every sizeable dope dealer has a Banker working with them to launder the money.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

I think you should just enjoy the humble pie because it tastes so good on this end.

I'll give you cred for acknowledging my post instead of running away like a little girl *cough cough*

Well, let's talk about it then.

What are your thoughts on this poor, down-trodden and suppressed fellow who is simply trying to eke out an education (Doctorate too - quite impressive!)... Sure, mommy and daddy are shelling out around 75k per year to accomplish this, but what do you think are going through the minds of his folks right now?

Should they stop paying for his ivy league education and donate the money to the gvt as a voluntary tax to help support their dear son's cause?.. Would Eddie approve, or perhaps would he shut his yapper and admit his membership to the evil 1%?

petros
He should have went to a State U or came to a Canadian University.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

... Or, he should shut his pie-hole.

EagleSmack
+2

More at 11 when we reveal how to shove your fist in a running blender without getting cut.

Time out there amigo. If you listen to the young man's words he wants all the wealthy people "the F*** out of our country". He portrays himself as one of the downtrodden when, as far as I can tell, he's not had a day of struggle or worry as far as money goes. He's lived a priveledged life relying on the wealth of his parents and his grandpappy Edward T. Hall the First.

I think he should drain his trust fund and give it all away to those less fortunate. It is only fair.

TenPenny
I'm surprised that you grasped that. I'll have to revise my rating scale of people I don't care about.

petros
Spending more on education makes you superior and gives you a right to better pay? What happened to your Capitialism being all based on hard work and merit?

EagleSmack

Why? Why should he when he can go to Carnegie Mellon, Bard University, then study for his doctorate at an Ivy League school... Columbia Univ.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+1

... Or, he should shut his pie-hole.

I think you're being a tad harsh. Should Bill Gates zip up his wallet because he's never had AIDS nor has he been destitute? You don't necessarily need to have first hand experience with certain classes or causes in order to speak on the topic.

EagleSmack

Well, let's talk about it then.

What are your thoughts on this poor, down-trodden and suppressed fellow who is simply trying to eke out an education (Doctorate too - quite impressive!)... Sure, mommy and daddy are shelling out around 75k per year to accomplish this, but what do you think are going through the minds of his folks right now?

Should they stop paying for his ivy league education and donate the money to the gvt as a voluntary tax to help support their dear son's cause?.. Would Eddie approve, or perhaps would he shut his yapper and admit his membership to the evil 1%?

Clearly he's a 1%er... CLEARLY.

I guess it is time for Edward T. Hall III to purchase a ticket and in his own words "Get the F*** out of our country!"

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Why? Why should he when he can go to Carnegie Mellon, Bard University, then study for his doctorate at an Ivy League school... Columbia Univ.

What makes them special? Why is the pool of those who are the ruling elite based on just handful of educational institutions that are beyond the means of the brightest?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

I think you're being a tad harsh. Should Bill Gates zip up his wallet because he's never had AIDS nor has he been destitute? You don't necessarily need to have first hand experience with certain classes or causes in order to speak on the topic.

If it was simply a matter of him coming out and supporting Occupy Wall St. I think it would be a different story. However his own words are what makes this... oh I don't know... laughable?

What makes them special? Why is the pool of those who are the ruling elite based on just handful of educational institutions that are beyond the means of the brightest?

I don't think anything makes them special. Clearly this kid isn't. I agree with your second part too, those schools are beyond the means of many. But Edward shouldn't be perpetrating that he is a struggling post grad.

petros
How much did Gates lose in investments due to the greed and corruption? Probably a piss pot full.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I'm surprised that you grasped that. I'll have to revise my rating scale of people I don't care about.

Or perhaps "take a page" from Will Rogers.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Fair enough; my comment was a bit rash.

Hypocrisy brings out strong opinions in me.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

How much did Gates lose in investments due to the greed and corruption? Probably a piss pot full.

Was Gates greedy and corrupt? I think filling a demand.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

What makes them special is that someone is willing to pay those prices. No different than why someone is will to pay $300 - $400 for a pair of jeans or $1,000 for a bottle of scotch.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Fair enough; my comment was a bit rash.

Hypocrisy brings out strong opinions in me.

Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree.

petros
I have no idea. Isn't his money in a foundation? Why wouldn't charities have not taken huge hits on investments too?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Spending more on education makes you superior and gives you a right to better pay? What happened to your Capitialism being all based on hard work and merit?

Does education not involve hard work and merit?

petros

What makes them special is that someone is willing to pay those prices. No different than why someone is will to pay $300 - $400 for a pair of jeans or $1,000 for a bottle of scotch.

Does it make what they learned anymore special?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Does it make what they learned anymore special?

Does it matter?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Does education not involve hard work and merit?

If earning a D average can get you to the seat of President simply because you paid more for an education is the earmark for success then we've got some serious problems in this world.

EagleSmack
+1

I know I wouldn't. I don't have that kind of money.

He also rents in Washington Heights on Manhatten. Not bad... no job... going to school. The average rental for a Washington Heights one bedroom apartment is $1,350 a month.

Now where would Edward T. Hall III get $1,350 a month?

His 1%er parents that's where.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Combine rent with utilities, food, discretionary spending, tuition, fees and travel back home to mommy and daddy's comfy pad and you're looking at around $75k per year. Factor in that the money spent by the parents is after-tax, and that means that the parents had to earn somewhere in the neighbourhood of $135k - $140k annually to fund this little venture.

EagleSmack

I have no idea. Isn't his money in a foundation? Why wouldn't charities have not taken huge hits on investments too?

I would hope that charity's investments are in in the people they are supposed to be supporting. If people are making donations only to be lost in the stock market... that's BS.

Combine rent with utilities, food, discretionary spending, tuition, fees and travel back home to mommy and daddy's comfy pad and you're looking at around $75k per year. Factor in that the money spent by the parents is after-tax, and that means that the parents had to earn somewhere in the neighbourhood of $135k - $140k annually to fund this little venture.

Well he did get arrested at JFK trying to sneak aboard a flight to San Francisco to see his girlfriend.
Last edited by EagleSmack; Oct 18th, 2011 at 10:20 AM..

mentalfloss
No Party Affiliation
Guys guys guys..

The kid is clearly a CIA operative planted in Wall street as a distraction. He's getting paid handsomely by the CIA to make the protestors look like hypocrites in an effort to counteract Obama's upcoming tax hike on the rich.