Michelle Obama: "All this just for a flag"

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The internet was buzzing this week with video of First Lady Michelle Obama apparently showing extreme disrespect to the American flag at a ceremony in honor of the victims of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. As police and firefighters fold the flag to the sound of marching bagpipers, a skeptical looking Mrs. Obama leans to her husband and appears to say, “all this just for a flag.” She then purses her lips and shakes her head slightly as Mr. Obama nods.

(Actually appears to be "All this for folding a flag")

Does Michelle Obama mouth "all this just for the flag" at 911 ceremony & Shake Her Head RightFace.us - YouTube

According to the Communications Director for the First Lady: “The words, meaning and context in these claims are all wildly off the mark. The First Lady was commenting to the President on how moving and powerful it always is to watch all that America’s firefighters and police officers do to honor the flag. It was an emotional moment on a powerful day and she was awed by the ceremony and all that the flag symbolizes.”

Really? Because I think the look of disdain and the head shake gives you away sweetheart!

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
F-ck you, a wife can say whatever she wants to a husband.

He's the one to deal with it. He gave her his husbandly nod, and carried on as President.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Who turned over the rock?

*Sigh*... the last time "turning over the rock" for me was being dragged into a high mountain hike by dad and mom for them to nap under high-mountain sun, while I as a kid ran around turning over rocks to see if there was an anthill underneath.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This probably has as much credible content as the Prime Minister of Australia story which
turned out to be nonsense too. If you notice those leading us to the offence maintain she
appears to be saying the suggested statement. There is no proof of anything unless some
are watching Fox News Again, then anything is possible on the News Entertainment
Network.
If you know anything about public spectacles you would soon learn that unless you were
George Bush you would not make such a statement in public, even if you believed it.
Unlike Bush who once said into an open mike that a certain news person was an a hole,
it was true he just shouldn't have said it.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Really? Because I think the look of disdain and the head shake gives you away sweetheart!

A look of disdain?

What did you do, fail body language 101?

If you look at the video without your preconceived notions, you would see that there is nothing negative, critical, or disrespectful in either one's body language, which makes your interpretation of what was said and meant completely irrational.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Disdain? I'll show you disdain. :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Now these, my friends, are what you call First Ladies...

First Lady of Spain and First Lady of France...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Photoshopped. Look at the spacing (in both pic's) between the woman in blue &
the woman in the second photo on the right. The woman on the left doesn't change
positions, but the woman in blue does.

Michelle is photoshopped in... the First Ladies of Spain and France aren't.

You're missing one first lady:smile:

I just cracked up at this quote of this photoshopped picture from a poster on a news site...

"OK, while not "a fan of skinny asses", I'd still like it to look better than someone trying to smuggle a bushel of corn under a dress. "