Leaked Tell-All Book Leaves Palin Dead in the Water

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Say goodbye to America's Princess of Smarm. Leaked excerpts of the Palin biography the Rogue do not paint a pretty picture of the former Alaska governor; instead they reveal a vain attention-seeking glory hound much more concerned with her public image than with the good of her nation.

Sarah Palin Tell All Book Leak - iVillage
Sarah Palin bio claims cocaine use, NBA fling - World - CBC News

Gary Trudeau in his Doonsbury comic strip has been having fun with this for the last week and if the quotes from the book are accurate, then Palin comes across as much more venal and lacking in judgment than anyone ever imagined. I would say that this will be the final nail in the coffin of her presidential expectations. Too bad, it would have been fun to watch a complete idiot run against Obama. Guess I will have to hope for Rick Perry.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The author is the peepin Tom that moved in beside the Palin home in Wasilla, so it must all be true.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The people who love her will still love her. Those who do not still will not. At this point I doubt anyone's opinion will be changed.

Loc will still be beating his meat like it owes him money over Palin. Well, probably not directly over Palin... :lol:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'm not going to argue the woman has some sex appeal ( a lot more than Hillary had) but is that a reason to put such an incredible moron in a powerful public office?

What office? She quit, got fed-up and ran away or whatever.

Far as I know she ain't runnin' (for) anything other than her purdy mouth. ;-)

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Oh I doubt you've seen the last of Sarah.

Wow... she does scare those liberals eh?

I agree with you. I don't think her ambitions are fully sated or that they have been squashed.

And its not just liberals she should scare: its anyone who believes that people capable of rational thoughts of their own should be holding high office. I wonder if its a sign of the lack of talent in the Republican party, that she can't be permanently eclipsed and pushed into irrelevancy, like she deserves...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Say goodbye to America's Princess of Smarm. Leaked excerpts of the Palin biography the Rogue do not paint a pretty picture of the former Alaska governor; instead they reveal a vain attention-seeking glory hound much more concerned with her public image than with the good of her nation.

Sarah Palin Tell All Book Leak - iVillage
Sarah Palin bio claims cocaine use, NBA fling - World - CBC News

Gary Trudeau in his Doonsbury comic strip has been having fun with this for the last week and if the quotes from the book are accurate, then Palin comes across as much more venal and lacking in judgment than anyone ever imagined. I would say that this will be the final nail in the coffin of her presidential expectations. Too bad, it would have been fun to watch a complete idiot run against Obama. Guess I will have to hope for Rick Perry.

The book appears to be a smear, a hatchet job without compare.

Some excerpts from the New York Times Book review;

Although most of "The Rogue" is dated, petty and easily available to anyone with Internet access, Mr. McGinniss used his time in Alaska to chase caustic, unsubstantiated gossip about the Palins, often from unnamed sources like "one resident" and "a friend."

Mr. McGinniss's most quotable, inflammatory lines call Ms. Palin a clown, a nitwit, a rabid wolf and a lap dancer - and those aren't the parts that assail her as a wife and parent. He even finds a species of Alaska yenta willing to remark on the condition of the Palins' toilet, and he too (many of these gossips are men) has a place in "The Rogue." A journalist as seasoned as Mr. McGinniss surely knows what these details will do to his credibility regarding the book's more serious claims.

"The Rogue" is too busy being nasty to be lucid.

And THAT is from a very liberal newspaper.

NYT: Joe McGinniss's 'The Rogue,' o

Todd fires back:

‘Rogue’ author has ‘creepy obsession,’ Palin’s husband says | News | National Post

I am no fan of Mrs. Palin, but I am always shocked at the venomous, almost psychotic hatred women of the right inspire in certain "men" (and women) of the left.

This will do her NO harm. It is already completely discredited in any serious consideration..........

And without absolute substance of serious wrong-doing, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Palin is not qualified to be POTUS. She even ranks behind the unqualified Hillary Clinton.

That is probably true.......but it does not justify a smear job.

All that does is jack up the rhetoric, widen the political gulf......and provide Sarah with name recognition, publicity, ......and a aura of unjustified persecution.

All great for the ballot box.

is there no sane alternative on the American landscape???

Tax hikes AND cuts.

Big tax hikes, huge vast cuts.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
That is probably true.......but it does not justify a smear job.

All that does is jack up the rhetoric, widen the political gulf......and provide Sarah with name recognition, publicity, ......and a aura of unjustified persecution.

All great for the ballot box.

is there no sane alternative on the American landscape???

Tax hikes AND cuts.

Big tax hikes, huge vast cuts.

Well, the rhetoric is shrill on both sides.

Rush and the gang have done their fair share of mudslinging.

Palin makes herself an easy target because she has become kind of like a political version of that stick figured lolly-pop headed Paris Hilton and I think she (palin) actually enjoys all of the attention, positive and negative.

The Republicans need to get their act together and start looking for a viable leader to run against Obama.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Well, the rhetoric is shrill on both sides.

Rush and the gang have done their fair share of mudslinging.

You've got that right.

Both sides in the US go off the deep end, they don't seem to understand that the extremes they go to mean that people tend to discount most of what they say. The lunatic left and the lunatic right, they're birds of a feather, neither one believable. But it gets them lots of publicity.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Oh I doubt you've seen the last of Sarah.

Wow... she does scare those liberals eh?

She should scare everyone. Imagine her with her finger on the launch button8O. Reminds me of a vacuous prom queen wanna be college graduate, gutter snipe, Burger Queen waitress, Walmart greeter.

She HUNTS too. And owns GUNS!!......................JEEBUS!!

Just sayin.............no offense.:roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
She should scare everyone. Imagine her with her finger on the launch button8O. Reminds me of a vacuous prom queen wanna be college graduate, gutter snipe, Burger Queen waitress, Walmart greeter.

Look who's finger is on the launch button now. I'm sorry but the more and more this Presidency goes on the more incompetent we find out the current POTUS is.

But Sarah, she's not going to be President yet she drives her detractors insane. I don't get it.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

:roll:And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the other end of that extreme we were talking about.:lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

She is a college graduate.