Michele Bachmann says a lot of false things

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Rep. Bachmann (R-Minnesota) does have a good chance of winning the Republican Presidential nomination. I could see her winning the Iowa caucuses, the first primary contest in the U.S. I could also see her winning other primaries in the Midwest and the South.

However, a better question than can she win is: "Who would ever vote for her?" since she has such a horrible record of making false statements. Fact checking website PolitiFact.com has an entire list of Bachmann statements, and almost all of them are false.

PolitiFact | All statements involving Michele Bachmann

Some examples of such false statements:

Then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spent $100,000 on alcohol during trips.

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner has left open the idea of abandoning the U.S. dollar for a multinational currency.

The Constitution only requires her to give limited information to the U.S. Census.

All wild, crazy false things.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Bachmann does the false statement thing with frequency, more than your average politician.

You say that because you only pay attention to the Main Stream Media, which carefully and scrupulously covers up and hides all gaffes by any Democrat, and especially the President.

Thank God for the internet and FOXNews.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
You say that because you only pay attention to the Main Stream Media, which carefully and scrupulously covers up and hides all gaffes by any Democrat, and especially the President.

Thank God for the internet and FOXNews.

I don't think "we know Obama makes just as many false statements as Bachmann; we just haven't found them yet" is very logical.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I'm talking about objective statements that can be false. I'm not talking about opinions of the persons Barack Obama or Michele Bachmann. Example: "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." isn't true or false. It's an opinion.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Moderators, can you give me a way to give all my own post a negative, myself, automatically, in order to save CUBert time and effort?

I do not want him be late picking up his welfare cheque.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm talking about objective statements that can be false. I'm not talking about opinions of the persons Barack Obama or Michele Bachmann. Example: "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." isn't true or false. It's an opinion.

No it was really false. That is why that Cambridge cop was sipping a beer in the Rose Garden shortly after.

I bet that was the sweetest beer he ever had. :)

Moderators, can you give me a way to give all my own post a negative, myself, automatically, in order to save CUBert time and effort?

That's what he does. It just means you're getting him mad.

Good job!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sounds like a temper tantrum not unlike that of a child's.

See what I mean Jack... he's having another temper tantrum.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
In Addition:

Candidate Bachmann fares so-so on accuracy
Candidate Bachmann fares so-so on accuracy - World - CBC News

Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann's claim that she has "never gotten a penny" from a family farm that's been subsidized by the government is at odds with her financial disclosure statements. They show tens of thousands in personal income from the operation.

And, on a less substantive note, she flubbed her hometown history when declaring "John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa," and "that's the kind of spirit that I have, too," in running in the Republican presidential candidates race.

The actor was born about 240 kilometres away. It was the serial killer John Wayne Gacy Jr. who lived, for a time, in Waterloo.

Those were among the latest examples of how the congresswoman has become one to watch — for inaccuracies as well as rising support — in the Republican presidential race.

Bachmann's wildly off-base assertion last month that a NATO airstrike might have killed as many as 30,000 Libyan civilians, her misrepresentations of the health care law, misfires on other aspects of President Barack Obama's record and historical inaccuracies have saddled her with a reputation for uttering populist jibes that don't hold up.

She announced her candidacy Monday in Iowa with a speech typical for someone joining the campaign. It laid out the broad themes of her candidacy and mostly avoided the Bachmann bomblets that have grabbed attention — and often fizzled under scrutiny — in the long lead-up.

The more the political season heats up, the more that exaggerations and sound-bite oversimplifications emanate from the Republicans going after Obama — and from the Democrats playing defence. Still, Bachmann's record on this score is distinct.

Examining 24 of her statements, Politifact.com, the Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking service of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, found just one to be fully true and 17 to be false (seven of them "pants on fire" false). No other Republican candidate whose statements have been vigorously vetted matched that record of inaccuracy...........

---------------------------------------------

Geez... Palin was just ignorant & dumb..... she seems to be even worse then her.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Examining 24 of her statements, Politifact.com, the Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking service of the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, found just one to be fully true and 17 to be false (seven of them "pants on fire" false). No other Republican candidate whose statements have been vigorously vetted matched that record of inaccuracy...........

Her supporters will cry about the left hating her, or some other garbage now that she is scrutinized as she should be. One out of 17, that's abysmal.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Her supporters will cry about the left hating her, or some other garbage now that she is scrutinized as she should be. One out of 17, that's abysmal.

For your education (hopeless, though, that effort may be):

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/

And that is with the unlimited resources the President has. May be he should rely less on the writing robots of his teleprompter and do a bit of thinking himself, for a change.

0bama should have absolutely nothing but TRUE, with all the resources his office enjoys.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
For your education (hopeless, though, that effort may be):

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/

For your education, I've already commented on this, but you could obviously use a hand grasping the contrast between Bachmann and Obama. Compare the skews between Obama and Bachmann then. Bachmann is skewed towards fallacy, Obama is pretty much an even chance of truth or fallacy.

Post is here:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/u...elle-bachmann-march-2012-a-3.html#post1445501

0bama should have absolutely nothing but TRUE, with all the resources his office enjoys.

Let us know when you come back to planet Earth...politicians don't do what normal people think they should do. They should all tell the truth, regardless of resources. If they don't know the truth then they shouldn't say anything that implies that they do.

Not a difficult concept.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
For your education, I've already commented on this, but you could obviously use a hand grasping the contrast between Bachmann and Obama. Compare the skews between Obama and Bachmann then. Bachmann is skewed towards fallacy, Obama is pretty much an even chance of truth or fallacy.

Post is here:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/u...elle-bachmann-march-2012-a-3.html#post1445501

Let us know when you come back to planet Earth...politicians don't do what normal people think they should do. They should all tell the truth, regardless of resources. If they don't know the truth then they shouldn't say anything that implies that they do.

Not a difficult concept.

I agree, it is not a difficult concept. And that is why 0bama never deserved to be elected President and never will be again.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I agree, it is not a difficult concept. And that is why 0bama never deserved to be elected President and never will be again.

Judging by that model, there would be no elected leaders at all Jack. I thought I as the younger was to supposed to be the pie in the sky type...but I've got nothing on your wide eyed idealism.