The casual arming of the idiot cousins in the country directly south of Canada.

LordPongo2009

Dec 4, 2008
www.GimliArtClub.com
Now that the state of Wisconsin has passed the state bill....the one that allows their citizens to carry concealed weapons....is there any room for rational thought in the USA...???. It seems a little stupid to allow these people to arm themselves any more than their flawed constitution already condones by law. We are not talking about intelligent people down there...south of Canada. Their thoughts are centred around the blighted country they call home...and they are in the daily process of trying to do the same to the Middle East and Afganistan, Iraq, Libya, and other hot spots. Adding fuel to the "Arab Spring" and the lands that Islam will soon be running as their own.
Is anyone going to stop this destruction, except by the financial force of China...now that Japan has been sidelined. Once the whole world has become saturated with shoddily made consumer goods from the lowest bidders in China...what chance will the European and the North American industrial companies have with finding new markets.
Maybe Wisconsin and other armed states of the USA will shoot each other with the millions of handguns and other weapons that stupid and inadequate people feel that they need to survive.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
This isnt really news. Various states allow this. I wouldn't want to live in a country like that, but hey, it doesnt affect me so I don't really care. I just won't be visiting anytime soon.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now that the state of Wisconsin has passed the state bill....the one that allows their citizens to carry concealed weapons....is there any room for rational thought in the USA...???. .

Yep, there is. In 49 states, all except Illinois, the only state left in the union without legal methods to allow citizens' carry of handguns.

It seems a little stupid to allow these people to arm themselves any more than their flawed constitution already condones by law.

Yep....flawed....the first revolutionary constitution, that has kept them free for 225 years, and was an inspiration for the world....flawed? Yes.......but a triumph compared to the sorry, inconsequential bit of rag we call a Charter....

We are not talking about intelligent people down there...south of Canada.

Yep.....326 Nobel Prizes.......almost three times those won by the next most honoured nation.....dumbasses, that bunch. :)

BTW, I have learned that using facts to try and convert anti-gun, goose-stepping nanny-statist control freaks is a complete waste of time............but here is a fact for those who might be capable of independent thought........

The move to allow concealed carry of handguns in the USA started in Florida in 1989. It was such an immediate success in driving down murder rates in that state that it rapidly spread to other US states........who quickly adopted similar laws. Soon most of the USA allowed trained private citizens to carry handguns concealed for their defense.........

The murder rate in the USA reached a peak of 9.8 per 100,000 in 1991.

In 2009, with over 90% of states allowing concealed carry, the murder rate was 5.0 per 100,000..........down by almost 50%.
http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

This isnt really news. Various states allow this. I wouldn't want to live in a country like that, but hey, it doesnt affect me so I don't really care. I just won't be visiting anytime soon.

That's a shame.

I spent time in Nevada and Arizona this spring........wonderful, friendly people. And the Grand Canyon is a natural wonder of the world. Needs to be seen to be believed.

They are afraid of each other.

Afraid people are like that.

But why are they so afraid?

Afraid?

I don't think so..........

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I have to say I've reconsidered my position on this issue and I am in full support of firearms in the hands of the public. I will become the voice of reason at the end of a shotgun and woe betide those who fail to see my version of reason be they ner'-do-well, corrupt authority or those who would attempt to enslave and oppress me and mine.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Watch the reality cop shows. You can always tell which ones allow concealed weapons. They are the ones where cops slam everyone into the ground even over the most harmless looking incidents.

Want a violent society, authorize people to carry weapons.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Watch the reality cop shows. You can always tell which ones allow concealed weapons. They are the ones where cops slam everyone into the ground even over the most harmless looking incidents.

Want a violent society, authorize people to carry weapons.

I'm not saying that I do, or don't support those laws surrounding firearms. All I am saying is that if it doesn't apply to Canadian society, then what does it really matter? Why waste all this time on debating it?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not saying that I do, or don't support those laws surrounding firearms. All I am saying is that if it doesn't apply to Canadian society, then what does it really matter? Why waste all this time on debating it?

Isn't that why we're here? Not because we necessarily have a stake in an issue but because we want to discuss/debate?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Jack Kerouac was a big promoter of stream of consciousness writing but he suggested people practice at it so you don't sound like your just typing a jumble of random ideas. He also edited his novels before publication, so really, even he knew when his method was inadequate.

LordPongo2009

Dec 4, 2008
www.GimliArtClub.com
Well that article really did bring out the best of the republican minded people....You have to had lived and participated in a really free country before you can honestly claim to have any knowledge of how a country should behave. The USA is the bully of the western world and claims to want to democratise others in their own pattern...and that seems to be at odds to the plans of the countries creators.
The constitution was written by disaffected ex-Brits...of less than stellar education and all...especially the founding members, of a class that actively kept slaves and refused to give up this "right" until the country had to go to war for the changes to be made...someday the states will be free of racists and gun happy ignorant citizens.....By the way...the way they live in the country next door does affect my way of life as it does the Mexicans through the racist policies of the states close to the common border. Keep the borders closed and don't allow oil and water to flow to the USA until they start behaving like citizens of the world rather than hired thugs in combat gear.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
By the way...the way they live in the country next door does affect my way of life as it does the Mexicans through the racist policies of the states close to the common border. Keep the borders closed and don't allow oil and water to flow to the USA until they start behaving like citizens of the world rather than hired thugs in combat gear.

Exactly how does it affect you living next door to them?

LordPongo2009

Dec 4, 2008
www.GimliArtClub.com
Check some of the Nobel names and you might see a preponderance of "foreign" sounding names in the lists....The universities sometimes virtually buy the talents of the world's elite and other times kidnap scientists ( as did the Russians in 1945), in order to further their science programs at the expense of the poorer, and more closed societies. Immigration to other countries is a matter of life or death...Whom amongst us would not choose life over death and want to leave Africa, or Mexico, or Chile...or even Ireland....if death was a constant threat by disease or lack of food.