How Forums is changing our world.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I was just looking into this last night and the consensus seems to be that Generation Y doesn't start until after 1982. You and I are considered Generation X.

Its subject to opinion.

I see 1980 as the first year of Gen-Y but i have be wrong in the past.
A long time ago....... only once >.< lol =)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I went to school with Moses it seems, at least some days it feels that way, What
generation it is doesn't matter anymore, the old and cranky will be needing new
recruits and that comes with aging. Forums do change the world because it puts
all the generations in touch with each other and that is a good thing. Have you
noticed, that governments want to regulate the net itself, and business wants to
control it. Now why do you think that is? Governments don't like the various views
and criticism's and the companies want to make as much as they can without
alternative influences and without contributing any investment to society.
As forum members we expose that and they don't like it one bit.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Heh heh sorry kid, it's only going to get worse from here on in.
I don't see you as criminal but some will. Others will see you as dangerous. That's where you need to watch your back.
There needs to be some protection of property rights and as was mentioned in the clip there needs to be a balance of fair use and copy right protections. Both have a strong position and should be supported without extremism tainting the issues.

The problem you will find, if you haven't seen it already, is that there are those who simply don't want you to succeed. It's not that you are in competition with them directly or anything like that. It's simply competition. We compete and so any time you lose, I win. Understand? Now I suppose you're shaking your head and thinking that's one damn crazy position to take, and don't assume that is my position. I am only the messenger.

Ignorance and fear of change and anything new that is not immediately understood weakens the all knowing all seeing position of power. So no matter what good comes from mashups, new combined content and so on, there are those who will want to shut it down because they just don't get it.

Consider, Galileo and his trials and tribulations. Nothing more than fear of losing the power they hold over others, is what caused all his misfortune. Like the Neanderthal that grunts and kills a chicken then starves all winter for lack of an egg, they don't get it and will kill themselves to stop you from going anywhere with it.

Fear not, for you are young and many road blocks die with their supporters. All things come to pass.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The problem you will find, if you haven't seen it already, is that there are those who simply don't want you to succeed. It's not that you are in competition with them directly or anything like that. It's simply competition. We compete and so any time you lose, I win. Understand? Now I suppose you're shaking your head and thinking that's one damn crazy position to take, and don't assume that is my position. I am only the messenger.

QUOTE]

Actually I have felt like this for 10 years in the job market from baby boomers.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You are right the Grand children will not reach the same level of financial freedom that our
generation did. The reason is the old people are more interested in protecting their share
price for their pension than they are in seeing the future of those grand kids is protected.
Everyone says oh business need special treatment. Like hell, business needs to pay its
taxes like anyone else. Businesses are an entity or for tax purposes are considered a
person in their own right. I think Ted is onto something here the kids are miles ahead of us
and they are very creative. The world is an ever changing place and we have to find a way
to make creativity profitable and affordable or the same crop of vultures that own everything
else will be the final profiteers of this too.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
My grand children will have nothing to worry about. They won't be growing up in poverty at all.

I'm happy for your grand children, Every kid living in Poverty has more chance to run into problems later in life. That has negative effect on the whole country. I know many kids living in poverty right now.

Your little Dick-ish comments is exactly what Unforgiving was talking about when he said

Its ok =) I'm use to it. Like I said I've been dealing with it for 10 years.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To see some of Canada's most impoverished I simply have to step out on the sidewalk and look around. I guess it was me who created their woes by working my ass off instead of bitching and whining that someone more aggressive and shrewed was out pacing me?

I guess it's good I didn't instill virtues of self achievment, ambition, confidence, monetary saving and investment or pride into my kid so she can sit around wishing for **** that doesn't happen to people who sit and wait for life to come to them and blame it all on Gen Y.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
To see some of Canada's most impoverished I simply have to step out on the sidewalk and look around. I guess it was me who created their woes by working my ass off instead of bitching and whining that someone more aggressive and shrewed was out pacing me?

I guess it's good I didn't instill virtues of self achievment, ambition, confidence, monetary saving and investment or pride into my kid so she can sit around wishing for **** that doesn't happen to people who sit and wait for life to come to them and blame it all on Gen Y.

/Face Palm

Ok you win. we simply are lazy. you have us all figuered out. =)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If you want an extraordinary life you have to do extraordinary things to achieve it.

1 person trying to shoot 1 duck out of 500 has a good chance.
When your 500 people applying for 1 good paying job. 499 of the people that don't get a job are lazy.

I understand working hard is important and your right.
You grew up in a time when all you needed to do to have a great life is open up a can of swoop ass.
Thats cause there was opportunity and the economies was booming after Industrialization.

Thats not the reality we live in today. Plus+ 2 big generation are competing on the job market.
Gen-Y with kids at home are getting there asses pwned by baby boomers cause you guys are amazing.
Way to go on kicking our ass's and showing us our place in the world. under your heavy boot.
your superior. the little kids at home are suffering for it but who cares there only dumb kids right? Wrong!!!!

Its not those kids fault Gen-Y are so lazy.

All I want you to realize is Innocent kids are getting the shaft, and thats not going to help Canada in the future.
I'm not blaming you for being better then me. I'm saying some kids are suffering because your better then me.

Good thing too cause If gen Y was better then you you would be out of a job. =)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You grew up in a time when all you needed to do to have a great life is open up a can of swoop ass.
Really? I'm 43. They pulled swoop ass off the shelves in 72 because of Yellow Dye No.5 long before I paid attention to my oldman who constantly went off about virtues of self achievment, ambition, confidence, monetary saving, investment and pride which helped me set my ass and my kid's ass up for life.

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Really? I'm 43. They pulled swoop ass off the shelves in 72 because of Yellow Die No.5 long before I paid attention to my oldman who constantly went off about virtues of self achievment, ambition, confidence, monetary saving, investment and pride which helped me set my ass and my kid's ass up for life.

Right on!

Keep kicking some ass brother!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Actually I have felt like this for 10 years in the job market from baby boomers.

Well then you know what's out there. We baby boomers, I am on the very tail end of that, have what I call the jellyfish mindset. Jellyfish feel that the whole ocean was created for them alone and that all that lives in the oceans are their dominion. Like us, their just fu cking jellyfish.

Probably the most important thing to learn is to live a simple life. Live within your means. Make you're pile and get out while you still have some sort of a soul left. Then learn to be a human being. Apply considerable thought to that human being part.

Oh Christ! You've spawned?!? 8O