Bluetooth

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
What is bluetooth?

My computer has it, but I don't know what I can do with it?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Obviously ... I should have known that ... I was at the dentist at 6:50 this morning. Cheers

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
They did, but I was able to amuse myself and didn't need a headset. The girl was teaching me how to use the suction thing. I've never had to hold it before, so I had some difficulties. She told me that she would put water in my mouth, I should swish, then turn on the suction, stick it in my mouth, and suction the water. I would turn on the suction, put it in my mouth, turn it off, and then make a little fountain with the water and spit it all over my chest. It was quite the learning curve. Eventually the dentist came in to see why the patient and hygenist were having so much fun ... not exactly common in that environment.

Soooooooo ... bluetooth is music?

So wireless speakers could be bluetooth?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not many have an adventure at the dentist at 10B to 7

Blue tooth is a wireless link. Can be cell phone, headphones, computer to computer, tunes, and a myriad of other gadgets.

If you see what looks like someone talking to themselves while driving it's probably bluetooth.

Even tractors have it these days.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Wow ... thanks. So, if I were to activate it, and tell it to allow bluetooth devices to find my computer, could people walking down the street with a cell phone tap into the computer? What would be the advantage of hooking up to the computer? Is it something that you would want in a printer?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nope. You set up a password. It's great for printers. Cell to computer is for downloading tunes, updates, data like pdfs and docs etc apps, pics, and the likes

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Okay ... I get it. Thank you. I'm going to experiment tomorrow. I've had the computer for a couple of weeks, but haven't had a chance to see what all it does.

I have many adventures when I'm functionally interacting with my environment, but not yet fully conscious ... at 10 to 7.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
No. You phone your dentist and tell them that you've got two days left of full benefits, and could they please squeeze you in. They say sure ... if you can be here at 10 to 7, the morning after a blizzard, we'll fit you in. I said great ... the economic value of going to work versus cashing in on dental benefits was a simple choice. I could have gone to work too, but I didn't feel like it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Full bennys is almost as good as someone who pays cash. I'd take an early client too especially one with a blue tooth.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
But of course .... and if it's someone that will lie on their back, make little mouth fountains, and spit water all over themselves ... more than once ... it's worth it.