is the ipad good or bad?

sombraa110

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2010
everyone sayss the ipad suckss:DD
and i thinks thats true because it still doesnt have flash player on its components.
and without a cameraa!
ugghhh.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It's mainly geared for email checking and reading e-books.

The the worst part of it is that if you already own any e-books, they won't work on the I-Pad and you'll have to download Mac's e-books that are exclusively for the I-Pad.

Also, you can't transfer these e-books from one I-pad to another and are all locked into the one I-pad.

There are already two or three e-book reading programs in existence that are pretty popular... hell Adobe has their own (and adobe works well for both Mac and PC) yet Mac had to go out and make another program so they can, like the Ipod/Itunes, lock what you purchase/download to only run on their programs/software, like the monopolizing sap suckers they're know as.

Hell, at least Microsoft doesn't pull this crap.

All the IPad is is one big IPhone for the visually impaired that doesn't phone anywhere, has no camera, and is only good for reading digital books.

Like the IPod, and the IPhone, you're best bet is to just wait a year for other companies to come out with their more compatible, far cheaper, less glitchy, more versatile versions of Mac's over glorified crap.

But that's just my widdle ol opinion.

torontorepair

Apr 21, 2010
www.torontorepair.com
Apple's products is getting more and more fragile. From iPhone 2G to 3Gs, from metal backcover and sim card tray to plastic backcover and sim card tray.
I will wait for iPad second generation...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't understand why the masses are willing to shell out x amount of dollars for a giant iPhone. This type of portability has existed for such a long time now and the iPad is a severely crippled piece of technology. Think MacBook Air.

If you really want something like that, why not go for a netbook running open-source software that's ever improving or go for something with a lower cost and much more power and flexibility like the HP slate?

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
If you've got nothing else to do with your time and money.....
There's the Cost. Not only are these iPads pricier but you’re going to need to pay for a monthly data plan in order to use 3G. Hopefully a carrier in Canada will announce a relatively affordable package for, say, 1GB or 2GB of data per month (we won’t likely see an “unlimited” package option as with AT&T the U.S.). Also, keep in mind roaming — using the iPad to download new goodies outside of Canada — could incur a hefty charge on your wireless bill.