Bloom energy

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
They have been talking about this for several years.

Just saw a segment on 60 minutes about it.

Sounds promising...but so did the segway and cold fusion.

However they have been using this system at ebay headquarters and they saved a hundred grand on their electric bill so I guess we will see.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Just saw a segment on 60 minutes about it.

Sounds promising...but so did the segway and cold fusion.

However they have been using this system at ebay headquarters and they saved a hundred grand on their electric bill so I guess we will see.

I think it was 2006 when they first made this technology public. Sounds interesting.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
A fuel cell that works real well apparently.

The private sector is the one that will pave the way for green energy that doesn't hurt the environment.

Governments need not apply.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
By the time we see this, if it is all it's cracked up to be, then it will say GE or Siemens on the side cuz if I were that guy I'd take the hundreds of millions they offer and buy an island.
I do hope it works out. But really it isn't a panacea, they said it uses half the natural gas of a power plant. Well that's still fossil fuels to buy right?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
By the time we see this, if it is all it's cracked up to be, then it will say GE or Siemens on the side cuz if I were that guy I'd take the hundreds of millions they offer and buy an island.
I do hope it works out. But really it isn't a panacea, they said it uses half the natural gas of a power plant. Well that's still fossil fuels to buy right?
Maybe the guy is like Edison in that he wants to keep coming up with new stuff for as long as he can. I think I'd be doing that if I were him. I like stuff that keeps me interested. Lolling around on a beach for the rest of my life sounds boring. :D
BTW, they said it used half the gas the plant normally used.
G.E. is a pain. A lot of inferior products, IMO. Probably because they use Chinese diodes, resistors, CBs, etc.