we've all been transported to 1958.......

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Some how we have ALL been transported back to the year 1958 but still possess our knowledge and ages from 2008.
Would we be able to handle it?
Would we be happier or ticked off?
Could we adjust because the transport is irreversible?

always liked the fifties..i think i could survive
:canada::canada::canada:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Am I wearing my underwear on the outside of my pants, talking to myself and grabbing at the air? I have met a few people from the future trapped in the present and they share some similarities; not the least of which is that they are generally heavily medicated or should be. In that context I would need to verify my sanity.

The struggle for me would then be ethical. Do I exploit my knowledge of coming trends to gain fantastic wealth and fame but at the same time destroy the destinies of countless people and alter the future? Or would I seek out solitude away from society so as not to change the future?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Am I wearing my underwear on the outside of my pants, talking to myself and grabbing at the air? I have met a few people from the future trapped in the present and they share some similarities; not the least of which is that they are generally heavily medicated or should be. In that context I would need to verify my sanity.

The struggle for me would then be ethical. Do I exploit my knowledge of coming trends to gain fantastic wealth and fame but at the same time destroy the destinies of countless people and alter the future? Or would I seek out solitude away from society so as not to change the future?
and dilemma strikes again!
;-);-);-)

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I've always wanted to experience the psychedelic movement of the 60-ies, meet Doctor Leary... So I guess I'll be ver happy about that. :smile:
As long as I don't get transported to 1958 Russia, that is :smile:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I am SO ripping the Beatles off!
I'm getting a camera and heading for the grassy knoll.
Baby I'm going to make this look like Forest Gump!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Some how we have ALL been transported back to the year 1958 but still possess our knowledge and ages from 2008.
Would we be able to handle it?
Would we be happier or ticked off?
Could we adjust because the transport is irreversible?

always liked the fifties..i think i could survive
:canada::canada::canada:

Well, I just mowed my lawn with a reel mower last night, so, I'm one step closer to being able to manage it. lol.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I'd go back into the 60's and guide the cultural revolution the right way.... damn hippies got too stoned and forgot what they were doing and allowed the government to clamp down on our freedoms.... damn selfish sex maniacs.

Oh, and I'd probably come back with the latest laptop and show everyone that my computer could do more then their factory full of super computers... I'd be the second coming.... mooo hooo haw haw haw.... yeah, you better believe I'd totally screw up the timeline.

But if I was thrown into the 50's.... eck.... I don't think I'd bother to socialize with many people and I'd just go hermit somewhere away from nuclear blast sites.... as back then most thought they looked cool and didn't really know much about radiation.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I'd go back into the 60's and guide the cultural revolution the right way.... damn hippies got too stoned and forgot what they were doing and allowed the government to clamp down on our freedoms.... damn selfish sex maniacs.

Oh, and I'd probably come back with the latest laptop and show everyone that my computer could do more then their factory full of super computers... I'd be the second coming.... mooo hooo haw haw haw.... yeah, you better believe I'd totally screw up the timeline.

But if I was thrown into the 50's.... eck.... I don't think I'd bother to socialize with many people and I'd just go hermit somewhere away from nuclear blast sites.... as back then most thought they looked cool and didn't really know much about radiation.
if you were holding a mass debate I think you would have me rolling in the aisles...your perception of some things though well thought out are........way out there
Regards,
scratch

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
if you were holding a mass debate I think you would have me rolling in the aisles...your perception of some things though well thought out are........way out there
Regards,
scratch

Of course they're way out there.... lesson number one for reading my posts: Don't Believe everything I say, sometimes I don't make sense or exaggerate something on purpose to seek a certain response to reach another more important response later on in the debate. :?:

That and for entertainment purposes.