Phoenix payroll system.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's probably been about 6 months that we've been hearing about the dismal failure of the Phoenix Payroll System. During that time Federal Gov't Employment have not been receiving their proper pay or indeed in some cases any pay at all. While all this is going on our illustrious Prime Minister has been busy arranging the importation of refugees from Syria and elsewhere. Don't we look after our own people first? While the "bugs" are being identified and eliminated from the system, has the idea of grabbing a cheque book and maybe hand writing some cheques and mailing them out to employees, crossed anyone's mind? I wonder if it has crossed the illustrious P.M.s "mind"?? that the money may come in handy to put grub on the table and pay the light bill? I don't think Trump would have any trouble figuring that out!

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
While the "bugs" are being identified and eliminated from the system, has the idea of grabbing a cheque book and maybe hand writing some cheques and mailing them out to employees, crossed anyone's mind?!
Handing out money Willy-Nilly never works.

I agree it's a scandal and emblematic of Canadian gov't bureaucracy but those lifers knew what they were in for when they took the pledge.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Handing out money Willy-Nilly never works.

I agree it's a scandal and emblematic of Canadian gov't bureaucracy but those lifers knew what they were in for when they took the pledge.

So what you are insinuating is they don't even know who's been paid or not?
Someone or ones should be getting canned and I think the head honcho should go first!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Small details don't matter to me.

The person who decided to use Phoenix should be canned Yes but they won't.

Do you really think that the people who haven't been paid, think it's a small detail? Is it the Phoenix program that's the problem or is it the people managing it?

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Do you really think that the people who haven't been paid, think it's a small detail?
They have federal gov't jobs they can go to any bank in the land and float a loan employment like that is a guarantee.
Is it the Phoenix program that's the problem or is it the people managing it?
No reason for me to care again those drones signed up for a cosseted position in the federal civil service and now they complain there's a pea under the mattress-TDB.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They have federal gov't jobs they can go to any bank in the land and float a loan employment like that is a guarantee.

W.T.F. should they have to and pay interest on it? Put the blame where it belongs!

No reason for me to care again those drones signed up for a cosseted position in the federal civil service and now they complain there's a pea under the mattress-TDB.

Is that all the respect you have for fire fighters, paramedics and prison guards? You seem to have the notion those jobs are a "piece of cake". You and Cannucklehead should form a club. :) :) :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
W.T.F. should they have to and pay interest on it? Put the blame where it belongs!

Is that all the respect you have for fire fighters, paramedics and prison guards? :)

I have to apologize for being a little hasty in posting that as the same respect is also due for garbage removers, street sweepers, landscapers etc. as there is the possibilities that if their work is done properly there may be less need for some of the fore mentioned.

As you've advised me many times, best just to ignore the pr!ck!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You raise an interesting point. Is the system so messed up that accountants can't go through the system and get a print out? A list of the thousands of people on the payroll? Salaried and hourly paid employees. Statements of who has and has not been paid?

I realize that this is a lot of work, but putting the Phoenix system back in order isn't going to happen quickly either.

What this demonstrates is that there was no workable back up system for Phoenix. Hopefully, that will be rectified too.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Well I want my pound of flesh. The ministers and bureaucrats who jammed this fiasco down our throats and took hefty bonuses for so doing ought to have those monies clawed back and be fined the equivalent amounts, and furthermore never again be given a government job where they'll have to make a decision on how to spend taxpayers' money.

Can I get a "here here!"?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I agree. Unfortunately, they are bureaucrats and politicians. Both are virtually bulletproof. A shame.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Am I raining on your pity party?

Yeah, and you're coming close to pissing me off too. I guess your attitude toward other people is something you have to live with.

Well I want my pound of flesh. The ministers and bureaucrats who jammed this fiasco down our throats and took hefty bonuses for so doing ought to have those monies clawed back and be fined the equivalent amounts, and furthermore never again be given a government job where they'll have to make a decision on how to spend taxpayers' money.

Can I get a "here here!"?

It's what's known as a SNAFU! :)