Strange looking 'elevated' bus straddles traffic to ease gridlock in Chinese city

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Strange looking 'elevated' bus straddles traffic to ease gridlock in Chinese city
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 02:25 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 02:31 PM EDT
One Chinese city has come up with a partial solution to its notorious traffic problem -- but, boy, is it a weird looking thing.
The Transit Elevated Bus (TEB) is 72 feet long, 25 feet wide, is powered by electricity and carries up to 300 passengers -- and rides just a few feet over the traffic below.
The bus, unveiled in Qinhuangdao this week, looks like it's gobbling up vehicles as it rolls along its tracks embedded in the street.
Four other major Chinese cities have also signed on to buy the new buses.
Strange looking 'elevated' bus straddles traffic to ease gridlock in Chinese cit

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That's brilliant. They should introduce those to Bolton. It'd be cool seeing those travelling down Bridgeman Street near where I live.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Who did they steal the plans from?

From Q.

By the way, I don't know why I said Bridgeman Street. That's Derby Street going into the town centre. You can see our magnificent Victorian town hall in the distance (where I am right next to right now).

It'd be jazzed up a bit if they just got rid of the mosque and the Muslims and then added some elevated buses.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 02:25 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 02:31 PM EDT
One Chinese city has come up with a partial solution to its notorious traffic problem -- but, boy, is it a weird looking thing.
The Transit Elevated Bus (TEB) is 72 feet long, 25 feet wide, is powered by electricity and carries up to 300 passengers -- and rides just a few feet over the traffic below.
The bus, unveiled in Qinhuangdao this week, looks like it's gobbling up vehicles as it rolls along its tracks embedded in the street.
Four other major Chinese cities have also signed on to buy the new buses.
Strange looking 'elevated' bus straddles traffic to ease gridlock in Chinese cit
Could not they just feed them birth control pills so there would be fewer people. They overran my district, the old ones come to Canada for the pension benefits.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Me thinks, instead of birth control pills
maybe smallpox blankets:
worked the last time...

oooops!
silly me
that worked wrong way round