11 Reasons To Boycott Apple Computer Products

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I live an apple-free lifestyle so don't really care much. Same goes for google/chrome and such. However, the free-thinking urban progressive fanboyz of a 1%'er that behaves like this is truly bizarre.

Apple iThings pioneered a new level of restricting the users: they were the first general purpose computers to impose censorship over what programs the user can install. Apple practices Digital Restrictions Management in many other ways too.

...Apple exploits the app developers mercilessly, aside from a few stars whose role is to give a misleading impression of what developers can expect.I can’t sympathize much with those app developers, since they are making proprietary software. They all deserve to fail. However, that doesn’t excuse the way Apple treats them.

...Apple lures people into the business of developing apps with visions of the great wealth that a few of them get. Most just fail, often losing a substantial investment.Anyone who intentionally develops proprietary software (i.e., does not respect users’ freedom) deserves no sympathy, but that doesn’t excuse Apple for luring people into it. Some of them would not have tried to develop proprietary software if not for Apple.

- See more at: 11 Reasons To Boycott Apple Computer Products |