The Hyperlapseapocolypse is coming

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
to social media streams near you...be advised...all your 'friends', long lost relatives and any douchebag with a phone will want to spamshare youtube, liveleak, twitter and yes, even CC.

Hyperlapse, the new app from Instagram, is about to change the way you watch video online

Anyone who has ever taken a handheld video knows that medium’s Achilles’ heel: No matter how hard you try to hold your hand still, the frame shakes and pitches and generally nauseates anyone who tries to watch it.

With a new video app for iOS, Instagram promises to change all that: Hyperlapse, released to the app store this morning, will not only condense user videos into trendy time-lapses, but it will also auto-stabilize them. Essentially, Hyperlapse is promising to overcome the two main drawbacks of cellphone videos: (1) Their length/file size and (2) those dreadful wobbles. Observe:

don't believe me, read this:

Hyperlapse, the new app from Instagram, is about to change the way you watch video online - The Washington Post

gawd help us and save us.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't bother with too many apps in fact i want to get rid of most of the ones i have in the phone
now I don't use most including music and so on They take up space and are useless to me.
It would be nice if the phone could delete everything you don't want it would streamline what you
use

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm going to make a free range, gluten free, spinach yogurt pizza wrap with quinoa in celebration. Who wants one?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Exfoliate the area.

I can't even cross my friggin' legs man, there's no way I'm using 80 grit anywhere near there yet...maybe some aircraft lube:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I have a problem with those who take vertical videos with their phones

I blame those stupid IPhones.

They put the camera in the most stupidest of places that forces one to take photos and videos vertical. If you try and shoot normally, your hand either blocks the camera or you gotta hold the damn thing in a dumb way.

Meanwhile, my fav phones allow you to do both without issue:

^ Lumia 1020

^ My current phone, the Lumia 925.... great for low light shots due to having seven physical lenses to switch between depending on what is needed.

Thought they got the Lumia 930 out now.