Check your google location history

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
How do you find those things....?
I just went back 3 months, and every place I'd accessed my gmail popped up on the map usually the locations I hang out and google is fairly exact in the locations....
Big brother is really watching you.....one thing I forgot to check before deleting past location is if there is a specific time stamp on each of those locations.
So many ways that you are being monitored that we are not aware off.
Should we all get a tin foil Hat?? :lol:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Not sure if this is the same as the Original Post as I don't have an account to open the Original Posts Link.......

Google Maps Has Been Tracking Your Every Move If You Have A Smart Phone

Google is tracking wherever your smartphone goes, and putting a neat red dot on a map to mark the occasion.

You can find that map here. All you need to do is log in with the same account you use on your phone, and the record of everywhere you’ve been for the last day to month will erupt across your screen like chicken pox.

We all know that no matter what ‘privacy’ settings you may try and implement, our information is all being collected and stored somewhere. That knowledge sits in the back of our minds, and is easy to drown out by shoving in some headphones and watching Adventure Time on repeat until everything stops being 1984. But it’s a sharp jolt back to reality when you see a two dimensional image marking your daily commute with occasional detours to the cinema or a friend’s house.

Read more at Google Maps Has Been Tracking Your Every Move, And There’s A Website To Prove It | Junkee

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Like I said in my previous post I think it's set up with your google account, GMail or you tube...
I did a test yesterday, deleted all previously accumulated data, and since I have my mail set up on my phone not to automatically fetch new data (I like to manually check for new mail)
When I checked just now, google didn't show any movement at all on my part.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
strange, unless I'm using it incorrectly, no data showed up on my screen even though I've used it several times --- perhaps it was because I deleted history some short while ago and forgot (?)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Using google without being logged in to any of the google sites or applications doesn't seem to do it.
You have to be logged in somewhere to do it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
mine is blank too, maybe because I don't have location services turned on and have said no to google tracking me every time I install anything from there.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Mine probably came up blank because I don't really exist. I'm a forum bot that was implemented by Andem a few years ago as a resource reconnaissance program regarding the human condition, or RRPRHC Protocol v.607.42.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I have no Google history.

I am a Google ghost.

Booooooo! 8O

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
mine is blank too, maybe because I don't have location services turned on and have said no to google tracking me every time I install anything from there.

First thing I did when I got an Android phone after having a Blackberry.
I have nothing there and regularly use google maps and youtube, while signed in, from my phone.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

That is more than likely the reason for my absence on the "google radar" as well however I'm going to stick with the ghost angle. I just think it's more mysterious that way. ;)