Woman in drone video ordered to stay away from teen

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Woman in drone video ordered to stay away from teen
Richard Weizel, Reuters
First posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 05:21 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, June 19, 2014 05:33 PM EDT
NEW HAVEN - A 23-year-old Connecticut woman charged with assaulting a 17-year boy who she claimed was using a drone to take a video of her on a beach was ordered by a judge Thursday to have no contact with the teen.
The woman, Andrea Mears, was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace for allegedly pummeling Austin Haughwout and ripping his shirt in a May altercation the teen recorded in a cellphone video.
"You're assaulting me," Haughwout yells on the video, as Mears can be seen calling police before the camera begins shaking and Mears screams for help. The woman calls him a "pervert" before appearing to throw him to the ground and grabbing at his face.
"I'm going to beat your ***," she says before Haughwout calls for someone to summon police.
Superior Court Judge Steven Ecker on Thursday told Mears that she was to have no contact - electronic or otherwise - with the alleged victim, of Clinton, Connecticut.
The teen contends he has been using the remote-controlled drone to film the state beach landscape since he was 9 years old. Mears has claimed he was trying to get footage of her and that he attacked her first, but edited that out of a video that has been widely viewed online.
On Thursday Mears, of Westbrook, declined comment after her court appearance.
Amanda Mears caught on iPhone video. (Liveleak)

Woman in drone video ordered to stay away from teen | World | News | Toronto Sun

assuming that he's telling the truth, I can see how this could be perceived as perversion. perhaps he could have filmed the beach sometime after dawn when there is sufficient sunlight and there are less sun tanners.