'F*ck you,' Google engineers tell America's NSA

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Now you've made Google mad. This can't be good. :lol:

The recent NSA leaks based on the documents provided by Edward Snowden, an ex-contractor for the American spy agency, have angered Google engineers. The leaks show that NSA and GCHQ, which is the British spy agency, tapped into the cables that linked Google and Yahoo data centres outside the US and scooped up data flowing through them.

Hearn and Brandon Downey, who are engineers at Google, have written on their Google+ page that tactics used by NSA and GCHQ make them very angry. "F*ck these guys," wrote Downey, who is a network security engineer. Hearn, who works on user account security, added Wednesday, "I now join (Downey) in issuing a giant F*ck You to the (NSA and GCHQ) people."

more

'F*ck you,' Google engineers tell America's NSA - The Times of India

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I hope the government doesn't make the google employees that spoke out disappear. :shock:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
hhmmm I wonder how much misinformation and disinformation has been "fed" to the NSA so far. Kinda like what I was wondering when I heard that people were registering paint strippers, hairdryers, water guns, stapleguns, capguns, starter pistols, flareguns, etc. when the Glibs brought out the gun registry.