Communication providers rated

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've gotten to wondering if among Telus, Shaw, Rogers, Bell, Virgin and anyone else if there is one provider with a shred of reputability or if not could someone enlighten us as to who is the least corrupt? By any chance are these outfits owned by politicians?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Virgin Canada is owned by Bell, FYI.

As to which one is more reputable, they're all the same in my opinion.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I've gotten to wondering if among Telus, Shaw, Rogers, Bell, Virgin and anyone else if there is one provider with a shred of reputability or if not could someone enlighten us as to who is the least corrupt? By any chance are these outfits owned by politicians?

I have Telus for cell phones - Shaw for Internet/TV - Telus Internet & TV - Nothing but headaches.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Koodo has some kind of a link to Telus actually as I found out while looking at a
new phone. The problem with these phone companies is they have a closed
environment, through the CRTC and what is needed is some off shore real and I
mean real competition. Normally I am not in favour of deregulation but this is an
exception as most if not all of the present providers are not meeting their over
all responsibility to customers. You are a pawn in their game as it were. Fine
print is the rule never mind what they tell you.
In my case,, I had a contract with Telus for three years and I let it lapse but kept
the same service and it has worked out well. I can now cancel anytime I want and
I maintain the same service I had while under contract. I have an LG phone that
is a flip but you can access the net and do most of the functions the new modern
phones do. No not aps and that stuff but I don't use that anyway, hell I even had
the text feature shut down because I don't like being reminded I have messages.
I farm if I want to get back to someone I'll do it later. In addition I am on the Executive
when I am spraying or doing something that is time sensitive they can wait.
All these phone companies need a wake up call, in the form of competition. Someone
asked if they are owned by politicians. The answer is no, but the people who own
the companies have great influence on the politicians that manage the departments
that control the CRTC there in they own the politicians. There are all kinds of people
on thus forum board that howl about the Unions and the NDP, while they say nothing
about Conservative and Liberal politicians who receive great financial support and
decision making pressure from some of the most powerful business magnets in the
country. Big Banks, Big Investment Firms, and senior owners like the Irvings and
McCains. I think we should be observing all the players.
Phone companies do as they please, because they cater to the younger crowd with aps
and that way they fly under the radar. Its time we turned the rocks over so everyone
can see what crawls out.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't think there is much difference. I think all do both CDMA and GSM.

I use Bell since they have a deal with the company I work for. I find them adaquate and when they have screwed up they have corrected.

Use Rogers for internet and cable. Primus for home phone + long distance. Would not use home phone at all but wife insists on having a land line.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I don't think there is much difference. I think all do both CDMA and GSM.

I use Bell since they have a deal with the company I work for. I find them adaquate and when they have screwed up they have corrected.

Use Rogers for internet and cable. Primus for home phone + long distance. Would not use home phone at all but wife insists on having a land line.

haha, woman love their landlines. I got rid of mine pronto when I got rid of my ex.