Lance Armstrong accused of doping

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/may/20/floyd-landis-doping-tour

Lance Armstrong has been accused of using performance-boosting drugs in a series of detailed emails sent by his former team-mate, Floyd Landis.

Landis, the only man ever to be stripped of a Tour de France title, tested positive during the 2006 Tour and has now finally admitted using drugs throughout his career. He has alleged that doping was sanctioned in the professional teams in which he rode and that other top American riders were involved.

If true, this doesn't surprise me.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Lance Armstrong accused of doping by former team-mate Floyd Landis | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Lance Armstrong has been accused of using performance-boosting drugs in a series of detailed emails sent by his former team-mate, Floyd Landis.

Landis, the only man ever to be stripped of a Tour de France title, tested positive during the 2006 Tour and has now finally admitted using drugs throughout his career. He has alleged that doping was sanctioned in the professional teams in which he rode and that other top American riders were involved.

If true, this doesn't surprise me.

It wouldn't surprise me either. Armstrong is an arrogant ass.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If anything good comes from this and Tiger Woods etc, maybe corporations will stop paying these idiots so much money. All of that trickles down to Joe Average in one fashion or another.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Landis needs to pay back the $2 million he conned out of people before he points the finger at anyone else.

that' s about what I was thinking too, now that he has hit
rock bottom, has no way out, what does he get from ratting
on others, and who knows if he is telling the truth or not,
he obviously lied about his own steroid use, so there
must be something in it, 'a book no doubt', or is there
leniency for him telling on others, reminds me of jose canseco.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
True, but Jose Canseco was right.

yes he was, but what was the point of ratting on everyone
after he was caught, a book? more money, no charges, all three I guess, I
can't imagine myself after getting caught doing 'whatever', deciding to
bring everyone else down with me, there has to be something
in it for him.
Many of the athletes must know about 'each other'.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh absolutely there is something in it for him. IMO it doesn't excuse the lies and cheating of others.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Oh absolutely there is something in it for him. IMO it doesn't excuse the lies and cheating of others.

I totally agree, my only point is that, I guess when that
time comes it's no different than the movies usually show,
when the 'whining coward' once caught, rats on all his
friends, and any loyalty or friendship is quickly forgotton.
no honor amongst thieves.

Ulgundo

Nominee Member
May 15, 2010
Turkey
Floyd first said he had been using performance enhancing drugs,than he said he didnt,i don't think he is what you would call a reliable source...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Floyd first said he had been using performance enhancing drugs,than he said he didnt,i don't think he is what you would call a reliable source...
Yeah but at first he was trying to save his butt. When you are guilty, you try to cover up.
But now that his guilt is in the open, I believe that he speaks the truth.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Canseco did not con anybody out of $2 million. Landis did. Big difference.

I should also add that while both ratted on former friends, at least Canseco presented valid evidence, named names of accessories, named dates of the violations, gave important details about the circumstances, and was very specific about his own violative actions. Landis did none of the above nor offered anything that could lead to evidence that could convict anyone in a court of law.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Canseco did not con anybody out of $2 million. Landis did. Big difference.

I should also add that while both ratted on former friends, at least Canseco presented valid evidence, named names of accessories, named dates of the violations, gave important details about the circumstances, and was very specific about his own violative actions. Landis did none of the above nor offered anything that could lead to evidence that could convict anyone in a court of law.

yet ..