How well do you guys know baseball

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I lost all interest in Baseball after the strike in the 90's. It also doesn't help that the BlueJays are perpetually mediocre.

Last Game I went to was 2 years ago at the Skydome... horrible place to watch a game, it's like watching baseball in a parking garage.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
I lost all interest in Baseball after the strike in the 90's. It also doesn't help that the BlueJays are perpetually mediocre.

Last Game I went to was 2 years ago at the Skydome... horrible place to watch a game, it's like watching baseball in a parking garage.

the blue jays are getting there, just give them time, i never been to skydome so i can't comment on how bad it is. but a lot of people complain about our park fenway being a dump. but its more of a classic to me.

id rather watch golf or nascar

meh i could see nascar but golf? really? you don't like baseball? may i ask why?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
the blue jays are getting there, just give them time, i never been to skydome so i can't comment on how bad it is. but a lot of people complain about our park fenway being a dump. but its more of a classic to me.

meh i could see nascar but golf? really? you don't like baseball? may i ask why?

Critter, you sound like the Blue Jays management ;-) There's always next year.

Fenway may be old but it has character, the Skydome is concrete monstrosity devoid of anything that makes a baseball game fun.

You won't catch me watching Nascar or Golf either.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
Critter, you sound like the Blue Jays management ;-) There's always next year.

Fenway may be old but it has character, the Skydome is concrete monstrosity devoid of anything that makes a baseball game fun.

You won't catch me watching Nascar or Golf either.

Lol but the blue jays i see have improve very good. they just have to compete with the al east which is the hardest one to beat in all of the leauges in mlb. I wonder how Canada would do if they could add a national team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Lol but the blue jays i see have improve very good. they just have to compete with the al east which is the hardest one to beat in all of the leauges in mlb. I wonder how Canada would do if they could add a national team.

We have a national baseball team that competes in the Olympics, but we don't have the sort of talent to compete with the US, Dominican etc on a daily basis.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The baseball/softball I like is fun. Local teams get together on a nice day and scoot around bases, catch flies, etc. and then get together off the field for a beer and pickled sausages and stuff.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
We have a national baseball team that competes in the Olympics, but we don't have the sort of talent to compete with the US, Dominican etc on a daily basis.
oh i wouldn't say that but you can say good bye to that sport in summer olympics... one of the reason i hate ioc at the moment.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
The baseball/softball I like is fun. Local teams get together on a nice day and scoot around bases, catch flies, etc. and then get together off the field for a beer and pickled sausages and stuff.

That's very fun and cool, send some sausage to me please, i love to umpire baseball one of my favorite things to do. I also get paid for it. I also have to travel to different cities sometimes into another state.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Baseball is an institution in the US, like hockey in Canada. Lots of Canadians play baseball in the summer, but that's it. We don't have much College baseball here, the good ones end up going to the US.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Baseball? I know baseball. One guy throws a ball and another guy tries to hit it with a stick while the rest of the players stand around and scratch themselves. All baseball players spit.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Just a reminder: the Blue Jays took 2 world series.....

And no, you can't teach me anything about baseball I don't already know...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I guess you don't know that much about baseball. We had the Montreal Expos in the National league. I believe they are in Washington now...

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
Just a reminder: the Blue Jays took 2 world series.....

And no, you can't teach me anything about baseball I don't already know...

yea i am sure your one of millions who think tie goes to the runner at first right.

I guess you don't know that much about baseball. We had the Montreal Expos in the National league. I believe they are in Washington now...

that team does not exist anymore. they are part of mlb in the usa ... kind of just show how much canada should catch up to the us in baseball. as for blue jays i never said they never won anything.
1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first. I know a lot about baseball.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
Baseball? I know baseball. One guy throws a ball and another guy tries to hit it with a stick while the rest of the players stand around and scratch themselves. All baseball players spit.

just like when one guy takes hockey stick and tries to score with the puck? don't try to even demison baseball it as much as team sport as hockey is.

Baseball is an institution in the US, like hockey in Canada. Lots of Canadians play baseball in the summer, but that's it. We don't have much College baseball here, the good ones end up going to the US.

There some good games here i know the high school i went to really just plan sucks in baseball.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
yea i am sure your one of millions who think tie goes to the runner at first right.

I'm one of those. Does not the tie go to the runner on any base?

that team does not exist anymore. they are part of mlb in the usa ... kind of just show how much canada should catch up to the us in baseball. as for blue jays i never said they never won anything.
1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first. I know a lot about baseball so don't give me litte jackass attuide

This is what I am talking about Critter.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
I'm one of those. Does not the tie go to the runner on any base?

the runner has to beat the ball. having tie which is nearly impossible to do. you have to beat the ball. a tie not beating the ball. millions of people here in usa think that as well.

there a lot of videos on youtube that goes "tie goes to the runner right?"

This is what I am talking about Critter.

i never was trying to bash canada i like the country i just think some of the people on here need to take chill pill and as far as Canada national team is history. its not in Canada anymore. its part of the nl east. which is in old us of a.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

1992, 1993 try to catch up to the century first.

The yanks were pi$$ed when we won it. Beat them at their own game, lol. Who gives a damn what century it was?
And as far as the Expos, if you read my post rather than taking a knee jerk reaction you would see that I said there 'used' to be a team in Montreal, responding to your comment about wondering how a team would do in the national league.