Massive Olympic Party In Vancouver

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The streets of downton Vancouver are completely filled with people. And the masses are extremely happy with the Games. I know, I was there yesterday. Vancouver has never been this busy, ever. This is like Tokyo.

The only thing missing are video screens. CTV has two modest sized screens on its setup on Robson at Burrard. Two? The throngs didn't seem to mind though.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There is probably more TV coverage on Yonge St in Toronto. It was pretty cool to see TO into it.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hahaha I love that the people are happy with a fine Olympics they are putting on for the world to see.....

Even the competitors seem to be making time to enjoy the venues although the stress must be horrific.....

Robson and Burrard? Some of those buildings are so oooooooooold I hope they aren't shaken down by the celebrations ......

Downtown Vancouver has had some fantastic parties on the streets.... it's fun and good exercise too haha.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I remember when i lived in Vancouver we saw a hockey game where the canucks killed the leafs, next thing i know it everyone is on the streets the bars were packed and those leaf jerseys disappeared lol ...

i miss vancouver

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
yeah it's great, tomorrow my husband and I will be part of
that fun all day, can't wait.
Grew up not far from vancouver, know it like the back of
my hand, so everything is familiar to me, and the weather
is magnificient.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Talloola

I've been afraid to mention the "weather" in case you know what might happen...

Vancouver has put on a beautiful bunch of scenery for the world to see ....

Well I did get a pair of red Olympic 2010 mittens and I wear them when I'm watching haha...strangely enough it is raining on and off in California where I am!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Curio you look younger every time I "see" you. You must be doing something right. ;-)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Curio, it's nice to have an ambassador like you in California.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola

I've been afraid to mention the "weather" in case you know what might happen...

Vancouver has put on a beautiful bunch of scenery for the world to see ....

Well I did get a pair of red Olympic 2010 mittens and I wear them when I'm watching haha...strangely enough it is raining on and off in California where I am!

yeah, we're hoping this weather hangs on until after monday,
and hopefully all through the olympics. I was looking at
the red mittens the other day, would like to have bought
a couple of pairs, but it's not cold enough, guess we could
have worn them around our neck though.
keep the rain down there for a while yet, OK?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Haha Juan, Kreskin and Talloola...

Juan - I think this one is about eighteen - but I picked her in a rash moment !!
I don't want to frighten people away.....

Kreskin and Talloola - hey - it's great being able to see what's going on up there....
I keep thinking if I think rain it might start.... but each day seems prettier than the previous one..... what a showplace..... and the opening ceremonies blew me
away....to get all that stuff organized is amazing.

It rained again down here today....I'll keep doing the rain dance for all of you until
the last party is over....

Grrrrrrrrrrr I'm never ever gonna understand Curling..... and I watched very closely! Seems like a lot of work for those big burly guys ! I "get" the half pipe myself.... it needs little explanation!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The most amazing day walking around Vancouver yesterday.The crowds were worse then anything expo 86 gave us.
The whole of downtown was stacked full of happy people wandering around interacting with each other.
All venues and service establishments were full and lined up so the people enjoyed each other.
I have never seen or participated in any event quite like this.
Go Canada go.