2010 Olympic changes

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I see with the continuing mild weather and heavy rains, that some versatility is going to be in order for the Olympics. Alternate events are going to have to be planned. I'm going to start off suggesting two or three and other can add to it so we have a list to send Mr. Campbell and Vanoc.
Downhill skiing can replaced by water skiing on the Capilano or Mamquam River.
Ski jumping could be replaced with water skiing over a ramp set up in Alice Lake
Togobban racing could be replaced with soap box racing down "The Cut" on the Upper Levels Highway.
Anyone care to add more?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I see with the continuing mild weather and heavy rains, that some versatility is going to be in order for the Olympics. Alternate events are going to have to be planned. I'm going to start off suggesting two or three and other can add to it so we have a list to send Mr. Campbell and Vanoc.
Ski jumping could be replaced with water skiing over a ramp set up in Alice Lake
Togobban racing could be replaced with soap box racing down "The Cut" on the Upper Levels Highway.
Anyone care to add more?

Well at least the curling games will be safe. :lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Money is no object, we will pay for it while others will sack up their profits and go home. This blasted thing, will drain our treasury and leave us in debt for decades
BC folks will eventually get even with the government for what they have inflicted
on us and this government could face the same fate as the NDP did some years
ago

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
yea man hot, i dont remember seeing those kind of girls at the sudbury curling clubs when i used to curl. If their there now, sign me up i still got my brrom and foot slider lol

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Anyone care to add more?

Cross country slush skiing could replace the downhill.

The always popular ice ball fight.

It might be too sloppy for the regular biathlon so rather than rifles and targets we give the competitors paintball guns and let them shoot at each other. They would get so many points for a hit an the one with the most hits wins

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think bobsledding would be far more entertaining if they used little red wagons. That would be a real sport, 4 men or women trying to jump on the wagon and going down the track. Seriously, think about it!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Canada's GREATEST sport:

Barrel jumping!

That's why the world loves Canada!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canada's GREATEST sport:

Barrel jumping!

That's why the world loves Canada!

For some reason or other "pork barrel" comes to mind (in a nagging sort of way) - must be a manifestation of early stage dementia as I'm sure the term has no relevence to the subject. :smile:

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
have you checked the website for the scott tournament? They have pictures of all of them with there mouths open yelling hard lol...

BTW the PEI team, in my opinion is hot

Did someone say curling? I love it...have been watching as many games in the Tournament of Hearts as possible. And you're right Johnny - PEI is hot, in more ways than one! The field has never looked better...