More Bertuzzi-Moore

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Crawford staying quiet after allegations

The NHL coach thrust into the spotlight cast by Todd Bertuzzi's infamous on-ice assault against Steve Moore was staying quiet Thursday amid explosive allegations he called for "retaliation" against the Colorado Avalanche forward.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224530&hubname=

While I don't think much will come from what Crawford may have said about Moore as it relates to what happened on the ice, watch out for the Canuck coaches and players to be charged with possible obstruction of justice.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think that Bertuzzi's lawyer will throw as many names into the ring as he can manage,as
it will lighten the load when it comes to the amount Bertuzzi has to pay.

Coaches say things like 'that' all the time, in many different ways, but for the player to actually take it literally, and go on the ice like a little pawn of the coach, and do what he did to Moore is
the real problem. They aren't little boys, they are suppose to be men.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Moore wants $38 million?

If Moore had not been injured and continued playing until normal retirement age, he wouldn't have made $2 million. Asking for $38 million is simply a frivolous waste of time.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
that's right, he wasn't much of a player, wouldn't have stuck on any NHL team, but he is
in a position to set himself up for life, financially, and that is his goal.
We all disagree with what Bertuzzi did, but Moore will milk it for all he can get.
He is wanting a real good education, I believe in law, so the money will pay for that, and
some.
He was allready going to law school in the off season before the incident, as he probably knew his hockey days were numbered anyway.

Colorado traded him about a year after the incident, they weren't interested in helping
him return to good health, they didn't want him as a player anyway, as opposed to Joe
Sakic, who is recovering from surgery right now, and even as an older player, the Avalanche will get him back on the ice as soon as they can, and help him in every way he needs.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
NHL boss Gary Bettman set up at least two appointments with NHL doctors to examine Moore's injuries. Moore didn't bother to show up for any of them. I think Moore will regret not making those appointments.