Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Bruce: racist refs did in Argos November 13, 2006

Argos wide receiver Arland
Bruce couldn't hang on to
this pass or bite his tongue
in Sunday's East final. (AP)

Sportsnet.ca News

Argos' Bruce: racist refs did us in Bears maul G-Men in showdown Kevin and the Kings rock Raps Bourdais wins Champ Car finale Canucks help Dynamo to MLS title Parker carries Steelers past Saints Johnson closes on NASCAR title Jets rush past Pats Lions roll past Riders into Grey Cup Oilers can't beat the Blues

MONTREAL (CP) -- Toronto Argonauts all-star receiver Arland Bruce III accused CFL officials of being racist and accepting bribes in order to influence the outcome of Sunday's East Division final, in which the Montreal Alouettes defeated the Argonauts 33-24.

"I don't think the referees like Pinball," Bruce said after the game, referring to Argos head coach Michael Clemons, who is black. "I think they are racists. How come there are no black referees in the CFL? They're racists."

Bruce went on to suggest that officials had been unfair to Toronto throughout the season and accused the Alouettes of paying off referees for Sunday's game, but did so without giving any hard evidence.

"How much did (Montreal's) coach pay the refs, that's what I want to know," Bruce said. "Good luck to them in the Grey Cup. I hope they pay them off there, too. Make another $5,000.

"It's frustrating when you know that you didn't get dominated. They get 14 men -- the crowd and the refs. ... It's like going to the mall to buy something for $10 that should really be $3."

CFL director of officiating George Black said the league would look at the comments and "take appropriate action," though he refuted Bruce's allegations.

"I'd deny anything like (racism) exists," he said. "If I thought anyone operated in that fashion I'd fire them in a heartbeat."

What a bunch of bull. Someone should remind Bruce that his team sucked.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ya, they were out to get Barrett too. Lions had to pay them off.