Has the NHL gotten better team wise

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So has the NHL allowed it for the smaller based teams to get better and have a chance at the playoffs.

From what I have seen and heard that owners are still whining about money, it seems to keep the top teams in the playoff position and the smaller teams remain where they are.

And we wasted a season for the same thing we got before the lockout. That is why i barely watch it anymore.

sema4

Apr 23, 2006
I'd say based on how the playoffs have started, the answer to this question is yes.

Buffalo, Anaheim, Calgary, San Jose, Nashville are some of the most impressive teams so far. There's already a lot of parody.. nobody knows who the top teams towards the end will be, unlike many years in the Dallas/Detroit/Colorado powerhouse era.

yballa09

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
There is more parity, but I don't think that was even the biggest issue (well, besides the money). I think the biggest on ice issue was the scoring and flow of the game, which has gone up drastically. There are a lot of young players who have helped this out a lot, plus all the little tweekings of the game have opened it up.