Curling Chat

Cannuck
+2
Curling is a great game. I'm hammered.

Mokkajava
Hurry Hard should be your new phrase... you know... to replace sniffy sniff

Cannuck
Made it to the A final. Got 3 hours of beer and tequila shots before the final. Let's separate the men from the boys.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Made it to the A final. Got 3 hours of beer and tequila shots before the final. Let's separate the men from the boys.

That's the sport!

Kreskin
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
Danger of curling and beer is losing control of your slider foot and splitting your head on the ice.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by kreskinView Post

danger of curling and beer is losing control of your slider foot and splitting your head on the ice.

Hurry hard head!!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Danger of curling and beer is losing control of your slider foot and splitting your head on the ice.

I played hockey at a high level. No fear!!!

Curious Cdn

I played hockey at a high level. No fear!!!

Ahhh, all those shots to the head ...

Now I get it!

Johnnny
Put in two years when i was a kid. 1st year lead, 2nd year vice.... Not a fan personally...

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Ahhh, all those shots to the head ...

Now I get it!

Nope, I was a defensemen. I laid out the punishment. The defining moment of my career was knocking out Brett Hull. I think even his teammates were secretly cheering. What an a$$hole he was.

Anyways...I'm pretty drunk. Gotta buy the other team some tequila

Curious Cdn
Were you a Canuck, Cannuck?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Put in two years when i was a kid. 1st year lead, 2nd year vice.... Not a fan personally...

Curling is about the booze. I can't see it being entertaining as a kid

Were you a Canuck, Cannuck?

Nope. Never made it. Hands of stone

Curious Cdn

Nope. Never made it. Hands of stone

I was one of those tall geeks that little defensemen like you make to go a55 over teakettle.

I didn't go far.

Hoof Hearted
+1
I thought Curling was invented so washed-up fat guys can drink and get away from their wives for a few hours a day.

Cannuck

I was one of those tall geeks that little defensemen like you make to go a55 over teakettle.

I didn't go far.

I might have made it in today's game because I was always the fastest guy on the ice. Back in the late 70"s the were looking for size

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof HeartedView Post

I thought Curling was invented so washed-up fat guys can drink and get away from their wives for a few hours a day.

Possibly but 3/4 of the guys here are under 30. Now it's dominated by farmers

Curious Cdn

I might have made it in today's game because I was always the fastest guy on the ice. Back in the late 70"s the were looking for size

Possibly but 3/4 of the guys here are under 30

The Pocket Rocket .. now, he was fast!

Johnnny

True, my co workers and brothers still curl and they all talk about the good times. I should give it a second shot...

Cannuck

The Pocket Rocket .. now, he was fast!

Before my time. The old man was a minor official for the Jets in the WHA days so I wasn't an NHL fan til 79. The WHA was better hockey

Curious Cdn

Before my time. The old man was a minor official for the Jets in the WHA days so I wasn't an NHL fan til 79. The WHA was better hockey

It sure changed everything.

Cannuck

It sure changed everything.

Google "Jets legacy of greatness" there's a great video on how the Jets changed hockey. I feel sorry for people that didn't get to see the HOT line. They were magical compared to what was being played elsewhere

Hoof Hearted
I probably shouldn't knock Curling. Never tried the game. But my 80 year old Pop still plays...he's a Skip to boot! His team is 10-2 so far this year.

I played competitive hockey my whole life. Now golf, songwriting and chess are my hobbies.

Curious Cdn

I probably shouldn't knock Curling. Never tried the game. But my 80 year old Pop still plays...he's a Skip to boot! His team is 10-2 so far this year.

I played competitive hockey my whole life. Now golf, songwriting and chess are my hobbies.

... songwriting .. now that's interesting.

Cannuck

Like I said, it's all about the booze. I'm still an hour from the final and I'm getting pretty shytefaced

Johnnny

Now golf, songwriting and chess are my hobbies.

Have you tried "Go" yet?

Curious Cdn

Like I said, it's all about the booze. I'm still an hour from the final and I'm getting pretty shytefaced

Go get 'em, killer!

Kreskin
Drinking is why you hear everyone yelling on a curling sheet.

Hoof Hearted
Cannuck...

Post a pic of your team after the match!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Drinking is why you hear everyone yelling on a curling sheet.

That's the only thing I don't like about curling. The skip tells me to sweep and I'm doing it as best I can and he's screaming at me to do it harder. I think he should do it himself if he doesn't think I'm doing it right

Cannuck...

Post a pic of your team after the match!

If I remember.

Curious Cdn

That's the only thing I don't like about curling. The skip tells me to sweep and I'm doing it as best I can and he's screaming at me to do it harder. I think he should do it himself if he doesn't think I'm doing it right

Funny.

Sex is like that, sometimes.

Ludlow

Fukkin sot.