Super Bowl Ad Hype ; 2017 Version

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I don't watch the Super Bowl unless I happen to be somewhere and a TV may be on and I have never noticed the commercials.

One year I watched a few ads on the computer and I just shrugged and don't get the excitement the pedestrians seem absorbed with, but now the dollar fight is growing.....

Marco Rubio Doesn't Want Canadians Watching U.S. Super Bowl Ads

Marco Rubio is adding his voice to growing calls on Canada's broadcast regulator to reverse a decision banning the substitution of Canadian ads over big-budget American spots during the Super Bowl.

Rubio, alongside fellow Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, has written to Canada's ambassador in Washington urging Canada to change the policy

The letter warns the decision sets a harmful precedent that could undermine Canada-U.S. relations.

Marco Rubio Doesn't Want Canadians Watching U.S. Super Bowl Ads

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Did you read the article that was linked to?

Yes.

"The NFL, which stands to lose money on the sale of Canadian broadcast rights to the Super Bowl, intervened on behalf of Bell in that case."

If the Canadian broadcasters can't sell advertising then there is no point paying big bucks for the Superbowl. The rule interferes with an American business' ability to sell their product in Canada.

Last edited: