Let's go Cubs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Been a Cubs fan most of my life. About time after more than a century that they are the champions. Go Cubbies !

With you and the Cubbies all the way, Ludlow. If I am this excited about a possible Cubbies win, I can't imagine what it will be like when the Jays are in the series.

Been some great plays so far but the opening - history making - homer by Dexter Fowler to put the Cubs up by one in the 1rst is still the best.....so far.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Been a Cubs fan most of my life. About time after more than a century that they are the champions. Go Cubbies !
My dad was too, Ludlow, ever since he lived in Chicago in the late 60s when a Canadian, Ferguson Jenkins, was one of their aces - so much so that he bought his 3 sons 6-finger gloves, which was the style that Fergie wore.

So yeah, GO CUBS!!!!

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What a great gutsy play by Bryant to put the Cubs ahead by 1.

And Contreras follows that up with an RBI double and Cubs are ahead by 2.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Gotta root for the Charlie Brown of MLB. Will this be the year that Lucy finally doesn't pull the ball away? Personally I more anti Indians than pro Cubs

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Three fly-outs and Hendrix retires the Tribe in the 4th

Javier Baez just homered and the Cubs lead by 3

Oh.........and he was leading off the order..........and that's it for Kluber as Miller comes in to replace him

Miller out to replace Kluber and he gives up a single to Fowler.....but the Tribe come right back with a great double play to get Fowler on second and Strubler? on 1rst

Wow..........Miller just gave up a 9-pitch walk to Bryant........man that kid is hot.

Bryant just made it all the way home from first base on a hit by Rizzo.............uh huh, the Cubs is rockin the place tonight

Rizzo gets to second on the throw

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I played for a year on my high school team but never did take to the sport. I wanted to play football - Rider inspired - but there were no girls teams back then.

I use to have some nice marbles.

Did you keep your marbles in a dark purple Crown Royal bag? Everyone I knew did back when I was a kid.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oh ****............the Tribe just scored two runs on a wild pitch............the Cubbies are falling all over themselves with errors tonight.......they really are their own worst enemy

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I played for a year on my high school team but never did take to the sport. I wanted to play football - Rider inspired - but there were no girls teams back then.

Did you keep your marbles in a dark purple Crown Royal bag? Everyone I knew did back when I was a kid.

You must be a child, Crown Royal didn't come in a bag untill 1950.