Hey, Mo!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Mowich, that damn ESPN ain't showing the Riders' season opener against the Lions. Not on the idiot box, not on the computer.

Punks. Jerks. Morons.

Let me know how it goes, OK?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The only way I'll be watching it is if I can find it on the net somewhere Tec. TSN isn't broadcasting it either. Punks, jerks, morons, boneheads, dullards. :lol:

Guess I'll be watching Game 2 of the Jays vs Oriole series after all.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Still pre-season right? I am surprised any pre-season games are covered.

The season is officially open, IRBS. It kicked off last night. Six teams took to the field.

Ottawa went down the Ti-Cats 42 - 25. Go Ti-Cats.

Montreal prevailed over the Argos 22 - 15

Calgary stomped the Lions 31 - 21

TSN seems to broadcast pre-season games when they don't conflict with major sporting events. I don't remember them doing so until they went to five channels.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Should have paid more attention to Tec's post, pete. Thought he was referring to the game today. Saw parts of the opener before the power went out and we lost the feed.

I was home but never went to the game.

We had power unlike the stadium a couple blocks away but after not seeing S. for 4 weeks, the rest of the game didn't matter.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So the season opener is not televised? They have 2 channels doing Euro post-game (discussing likely the results of some pansy *** soccer games where 2 teams likely tied 0-0). One covering some useless rugby game between Canada and Russia and 2 covering golf. Good job TSN.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So the season opener is not televised? They have 2 channels doing Euro post-game (discussing likely the results of some pansy *** soccer games where 2 teams likely tied 0-0). One covering some useless rugby game between Canada and Russia and 2 covering golf. Good job TSN.

That rather pissed me off too, IRBS. Especially when they are the CFL's only broadcaster and make such a big deal about it. They know by now there is a guaranteed audience when the Riders are playing no matter where they stand in the league. The least they could have done was clear one channel for our opener. I should send them a nasty email. :lol:

Gotta watermelon helmet?

I do. And I also have a pair of giant green hulk hands that slip over my own. When I bang them together you hear the sounds of a crowd cheering.

Must have been a sweet victory today for the Esks as they downed the Riders 25 - 11. Sounds like our QBs, including DB didn't fair so well - DB threw 2 interceptions in his first game of the season and the first time he's been in a game since injury sidelined him early last season.