England reveal their new kit for Euro 2016

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
England have revealed the new Nike home and away kits which Roy Hodgson’s men will wear in France with just 85 days to go until their tournament opener against Russia.

Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Co will look the part thanks to Nike’s new designs which sees England steer away from the traditional all-white home kit due to a change in colour to the shirt sleeves and socks.

England’s stars will instead be kitted out in a top with light blue on the sleeves and bright red socks in a bold move by Nike’s kit designers ahead of this summer’s tournament.

If you want to buy the full adult replica kit, either home or away, then it will set you back a total of £101 with the shirts priced at £60, shorts at £28 and socks at £13. The previous England shirt was priced at £59.99.

Meanwhile, the full replica kit for kids will cost £84, with the shirts priced at £48, shorts at £23 and socks at £13.

Bright red socks, featuring a linear blue graphic on the calf, celebrate the look of the England team that famously triumphed over Brazil at Maracana Stadium in 1984.

The away kit, on the other hand, has crimson sleeves with blue socks. The red strip is in honour of England’s 1966 team which starred in the Three Lions’ only World Cup triumph 50 years on from their historic Wembley final victory over West Germany.

England are the third favourites to win Euro 2016 behind joint favourites France (the hosts) and Germany and second favourites Spain. England are in group B with Russia, Wales and Slovakia. The tournament will start on 10th June and end on 10th July.

England reveal Euro 2016 kit as Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling parade new Nike home and away strips

England news: All the latest ahead of the 2016 European Championship

Nike have launched England’s new home and away kits ahead of this summer’s tournament in France

Home strip consists of a white shirt with light blue sleeves, white shorts and red socks

Away strip is a red shirt with crimson sleeves, red shorts and bright blue socks

Home and away kits will be worn for the first time during upcoming friendlies against Holland and Germany

A full adult replica kit will set you back £101 with the shirts priced at £60, shorts at £28 and socks at £13

The full replica kit for kids will cost £84, with the shirts priced at £48, shorts at £23 and socks at £13

Click here to look back at the 22 England home shirts worn at major tournaments following release of new kit

By Anthony Hay for MailOnline
17 March 2016
Daily Mail

England have revealed the new Nike home and away kits which Roy Hodgson’s men will wear in France with just 85 days to go until their tournament opener against Russia.

Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Co will look the part thanks to Nike’s new designs which sees England steer away from the traditional all-white home kit due to a change in colour to the shirt sleeves and socks.

England’s stars will instead be kitted out in a top with light blue on the sleeves and bright red socks in a bold move by Nike’s kit designers ahead of this summer’s tournament.

If you want to buy the full adult replica kit, either home or away, then it will set you back a total of £101 with the shirts priced at £60, shorts at £28 and socks at £13. The previous England shirt was priced at £59.99.

Meanwhile, the full replica kit for kids will cost £84, with the shirts priced at £48, shorts at £23 and socks at £13.

(From left to right) Josh Onomah, Toni Duggan, Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Steph Houghton, captain and record scorer Wayne Rooney and Jordon Ibe pose in the new Nike home and away strips following the launch

Three Lions captain Rooney models the new home kit (top), while Tottenham striker Kane is pictured in England's new away shirt (bottom)

Everton duo Ross Barkley (top) and John Stones (bottom) pose in the away and home shirts respectively ahead of Euro 2016

Raheem Sterling shows off the full home strip, while his club and international team-mate Joe Hart parades the new goalkeeper jersey

ENGLAND’S FIXTURES BEFORE AND DURING EURO 2016 PLUS FULL COSTING OF NEW HOME AND AWAY SHIRTS

Pre-Euro 2016 fixtures

Germany vs England - March 26 (Olympic Stadium, Berlin), England vs Holland - March 29 (Wembley Stadium, London), England vs Turkey - May 22 (Etihad Stadium, Manchester), England vs Australia - May 27 (Stadium of Light, Sunderland), England vs Portugal - June 2 (Wembley Stadium, London)

Euro 2016

England vs Russia - June 11 (Stade Velodrome, Marseille), England vs Wales - June 16 (Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens), England vs Slovakia - June 20 (Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, Saint-Etienne)

Cost of home and away kit

Adult stadium shirt - £60 (was £59.99 in 2014)
Adult replica shirt (with ‘Aeroswift technology’) - £90 (£90)
Adult shorts - £28 (£24.99)
Adult socks - £13 (£11.99)
Junior shirt – £48 (£42.99)
Junior shorts – £23 (£18.99)
Junior socks – £13

Bright red socks, featuring a linear blue graphic on the calf, celebrate the look of the England team that famously triumphed over Brazil at Maracana Stadium in 1984.

The away kit, on the other hand, has crimson sleeves with blue socks. The red strip is in honour of England’s 1966 team which starred in the Three Lions’ only World Cup triumph 50 years on from their historic Wembley final victory over West Germany.

Both sets of kits have a blue outline on the shirt and shorts to give the strips an added dimension.

England’s team led by captain Bobby Moore lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy while wearing red shirts and socks with white shorts.

Marking a revolution in football apparel design, England’s Nike Vapor kits are 10 per cent lighter, boast 50 per cent more stretch, wick sweat 20 per cent quicker and dry 25 per cent faster than Nike’s most recent football kits.

Other quirky features on the new strips include the word 'England' being knitted into the back collar, while 'Three' and 'Lions' adorn the inside cuffs.

The reverse of the crest reveals a white rose graphic, referencing the symbol that was embroidered on early England caps in the nineteenth century.

American brand Nike have also decided to remove the drawstring on the shorts as they have introduced a brand new waistband and have ventilation holes on the strip in order for England’s players to cope with playing in a warm climate, such as the one which they may experience in the south of France.

Nike's creative director Martin Lotti said: 'For both kits we set out with the goal of bringing together the colours that are synonymous with English football: white, red and blue – flashes of contrast are used to illustrate innovative details such as the cross-dyed knitted sleeves and the ventilation-enhancing stripe on the sides of the shirts and shorts.

'England have had great moments in red over the years – one in particular – and our design team have risen to the challenge of integrating references to England’s footballing history with a futuristic system of performance apparel in both the home and away kits.'

The senior team will wear the home kit for the first time against Holland at Wembley on March 29, while they will parade the away strip three days earlier during their international friendly with Germany.

Both the home and away replica kits, which will be available to purchase from March 24, will come in different fits with the professionals wearing a specially made athletic-fitted shirt.

Hodgson’s men are expected to be a force to be reckoned with in France after winning all 10 of their qualifying games.

England, who are ninth in the FIFA world rankings, will have to be at their best as they have been pitted alongside Russia, Slovakia and Gareth Bale’s Wales.

World Cup holders Germany and hosts France are joint favourites to win the tournament at 10/3 - with Spain (11/2), England (11/1) and Belgium (11/1).

England’s stars will definitely look the part, now let’s hope they can deliver the goods in France.

Here's what the full Nike home (left) and away (right) strips look like together - England will wear the new kits during their March friendlies

England will wear the home strip (left) for the first time against Holland on March 29 and they will parade the away shirt (right) during an international friendly with Holland at Wembley on March 26

England qualified for the tournament in France, while wearing the kit worn by Rooney (pictured), as they won all 10 qualifying games

The red strip is in honour of England’s 1966 team which starred in the Three Lions’ only World Cup triumph 50 years on from their win

The bright red socks on the new home kit are in celebration of the England team which defeated Brazil at Maracana Stadium in 1984

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nice loser suits!

They'll be nice and cheap as soon as round one is over. They'll be lying about in thrift shops by the end of the tournament.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nice loser suits!

They'll be nice and cheap as soon as round one is over. They'll be lying about in thrift shops by the end of the tournament.

You won't be laughing when England lift the Euro 2016 trophy in the Stade de France just as their rugby union compatriots lifted the Six Nations trophy in the same stadium last night.

I'm looking forward to the "friendly" match against Germany in Berlin on Saturday.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I might buy one to wear whilst I'm watching Euro 2016 on telly. I used to love wearing replica kits when I was younger. My grandfather from Glasgow (not the esquire one) bought me a replica 1993-94 Rangers away shirt with orange and blue stripes when I was a kid. That was the first football top that I'd had.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yes I use to wear my toy guns and holster whilst watching The lone Ranger when I was a kid. Now I only wear them whilst watching John Wayne westerns.

I need the new England kit to compliment all the other England match day experience stuff that I get out whenever England are playing in a major tournament: the huge England flag, which I hang on a wall in the living room; the inflatable giant glove in the colours of the England flag which I wear on my right hand (I use the left hand to hold the cans of lager); a poncho-like thing in the colours of the England flag which I wear; and the loud vuvuzela-like horn, again in the colours of the England flag.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I need the new England kit to compliment all the other England match day experience stuff that I get out whenever England are playing in a major tournament: the huge England flag, which I hang on a wall in the living room; the inflatable giant glove in the colours of the England flag which I wear on my right hand (I use the left hand to hold the cans of lager); a poncho-like thing in the colours of the England flag which I wear; and the loud vuvuzela-like horn, again in the colours of the England flag.
What does your Lady friend think of this type of behavior in a grown man there Blacklump?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What does your Lady friend think of this type of behavior in a grown man there Blacklump?

What she thinks of it is irrelevant. I'm the man of the house and therefore she does as she's told.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No I was referring to your Lady friend. LOL

The only person I know who cross dresses is gay Wayne "Waynetta" Mason who lives in the block of flats next door to my block. He's the gayest, most effeminate gay you can imagine.