Why would the NBA have a White English Entertainer

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I liked to play basketball but never watch it and have not seen any of the All Star activities but there seems to be a lot of dissing over Sting (shudder, his 'music' is unlistenable to me personally) being invited to perform versus a brother....

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why SHOULDN'T the NBA have a white, English singer? Wouldn't barring somebody from singing there because of the colour of their skin be racism?

And, let's face it, Sting singing at a basketball match would be the only proper, decent piece of entertainment there is there. It's a bloody silly game that hardly anybody watches.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Being racist is only wrong if your white and English. Didn't you know?

It's part of our white English shame brainwashing program.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Being racist is only wrong if your white and English. Didn't you know?

It's part of our white English shame brainwashing program.

They're not going to silence me, I'm afraid.

White and proud.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I like some of Stings music. He is an original. Kind of like Tom Waits. Personally I don't know why music has to be a part of any sporting event including the Super Bowl. With the exception of the national anthem that's kind of a tradition.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The NBA put on a fabulous show this weekend. They are the best at all-star weekends.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Now it's en vogue for whites to climb on board the pity train.

The blacks are MUCH better at it.

And if a white person is the victim of racism towards themselves, or sees racism directed at white people in general, they have every right to complain. Why should us whites put up and shut up?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkBFBbHd5c4
she should have performed it as a duet with nikki yanofsky. ;)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The blacks are MUCH better at it.

And if a white person is the victim of racism towards themselves, or sees racism directed at white people in general, they have every right to complain. Why should us whites put up and shut up?
Just another example of the whine mentality that is infecting the solar system these days . Shet ye whining blackie it bothers evaone.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Her rendition of our national anthem was truly something to behold - next time she should just stick to the old standard.

...and what is the point of not doing so? She is either very impressed with her own sense of taste or she was deliberately thumbing her nose at Canada.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Seems to be pretty popular the past fifty years or so this persecution complex. Now it's en vogue for whites to climb on board the pity train.

Good of the NBA to give him that opportunity. Interestingly, he is a Brit who has stated in the past that his biggest musical influences in life have always been black. His group the Police sang music that was inspired by reggae and ska, both styles which originated in Jamaica.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just another example of the whine mentality that is infecting the solar system these days . Shet ye whining blackie it bothers evaone.

The blacks are much better at climbing the pity train than the whites.

And I should remind you that this thread started off as anti-white racism.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
The blacks are much better at climbing the pity train than the whites.

And I should remind you that this thread started off as anti-white racism.
Your perception of people works like this. You see a person walking down the road and you will think in your mind, 'there's a white person", or . there's a black person , etc , etc ,. An individual without prejudice would simply see the person, as a person.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Your perception of people works like this. You see a person walking down the road and you will think in your mind, 'there's a white person", or . there's a black person , etc , etc ,. An individual without prejudice would simply see the person, as a person.

Yes, and not assume anything about how they think or behave. There are one hell of a lot of white people who are pure scum. Someone out there figures that we all are because of it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The NBA is a joke anyway. You can beat your wife, assault people on the street, threaten people with firearms and you still get to play. But if you're an owner and you say something mildly racist in a private conversation, you can't be an owner anymore.