Russian Dopers

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Russia Accused Of Widespread Doping In Devastating Report

GENEVA (AP) — In a devastatingly critical report, a World Anti-Doping Agency panel accused the Russian government on Monday of complicity in widespread doping and cover-ups by its track and field athletes and said they should all be banned from competition — possibly even next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro — until the country cleans up its act.

The report from a WADA commission that has been probing media allegations of widespread doping and deception in Russia — host of soccer's next World Cup — said even the country's intelligence service, the FSB, was involved, spying on Moscow's anti-doping lab, including during last year's Winter Games in Sochi.

The commission chaired by Dick Pound recommended that WADA immediately declare the Russian federation "non-compliant" with the global anti-doping code, and that the IAAF suspend the federation from competition."It's pretty disturbing," Pound said. "It's worse than we thought."

"It may be a residue of the old Soviet Union system," he added at a news conference in Geneva.

Pound said the doping could be called state-sponsored.

"They would certainly have known," he said of Russian officials.

Continued at: Russia Accused Of Widespread Doping In Devastating Report

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Does any of this surprise any of us?

Remember Sale & Pelletier and their PERFECT Skate followed by that seedy, flawed (and really tacky) Russian Skate that deserved the Gold, according to a certain French judge who never judged another Olympics? I hope that she spent those Roubles quickly because they lost their value by the hour.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Remember Sale & Pelletier and their PERFECT Skate followed by that seedy, flawed (and really tacky) Russian Skate that deserved the Gold, according to a certain French judge who never judged another Olympics?

No I don't remember it because my time is too precious to be spent watching figure skating on television-the very idea is ludicrous.

OTOH I certainly believe Russians are some of the most crooked people ever see the situation in Crimean for details

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No I don't remember it because my time is too precious to be spent watching figure skating on television-the very idea is ludicrous.

OTOH I certainly believe Russians are some of the most crooked people ever see the situation in Crimean for details

It was a Gold Medal round in an Olympics.

I guess that you tuned it out for the Curling quarter final.