Toronto Blue Jays

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
They certainly are on a nice run right now. But baseball is a marathon not a sprint. So will see how it lasts over 2 months. But it is fun to be a Blue Jays fan again.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we have watched blue jays all season, good team with potential, obviously the g.m. saw exactly what
they needed, pulled off two great trades, along with more good players.

seems this is how baseball works, if they see the potential, they take the risk, spend lots of money,
give up prospects, and go for it.

other teams decide the opposite and just lay low and wait for next year, and get rid of high paid players.

this move has excited the jays fans, it is what they were hoping for, so I wish them luck, it is the right
thing to do, as a team doesn't show the potential they have shown often, and the gm saw that, and is
allowing them to make a charge.

if they don't win the world series, I just hope they give it a good run, show their fans some exciting
playoff games, and come cloes.
and just like hockey, 'injuries' play a big role, the big guns must stay healthy.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Swept the Yankees in New York.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ok everyone, please begin disembarkation in an orderly fashion. Women and children first.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ok everyone, please begin disembarkation in an orderly fashion. Women and children first.

Still 3 games up in top wildcard spot. Only 3 back in loss column of NYY with 44 games left (8 with NYY), Anybody who thought the Jays would win all their remaining games or thought the NYY were pushovers and would not be playing extra tough after last weekend are fools.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Still 3 games up in top wildcard spot. Only 3 back in loss column of NYY with 44 games left (8 with NYY), Anybody who thought the Jays would win all their remaining games or thought the NYY were pushovers and would not be playing extra tough after last weekend are fools.

Back on the winning side, IRBS. Loved watching Alex Rodriquez strike out. Half game back - Yahoo!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Back on the winning side, IRBS. Loved watching Alex Rodriquez strike out. Half game back - Yahoo!

2 games in the L column. But they have good hold of top wildcard. Games against Angels, Rangers, Oreos, and Tampa Bay coming up will be important to secure that. Still 7 against the Yanks. We still lead season series 8-4. In the unlikely event of a tie with the Yanks where wildcard is secured, I believe series win determines home field for division win vs. wildcard slot. I can't be 100% sure as they made the rules a lot more complicated when they added the 2nd wildcard team. It used to be they would spend a day in early September flipping coins to determine all the various combinations and permutations.

lol, yep they were jumping off of the bandwagon, then had to scramble on again, Hutchison pitched a very
good game, and again osuna did his thing.

LOL, "All Aboard!"

In a 162 game season, a teams fortunes are not decided by a single series in August.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
4th inning against the Angles and the Jays are 10 - 0. Donaldson had a 3-run home run and Batista had a two run single. The Angels walked two of the Jays home. They've also been strong on defense. Rock on Jays.

Currently in the 4th two Jays on base, 2 out and all kinds of scoring runs plus misses at home by the Angels catcher. Jays leave 3 on base at the end of the 4th but with a 10 point lead they are really going to have to try hard to lose this one.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
4th inning against the Angles and the Jays are 10 - 0. Donaldson had a 3-run home run and Batista had a two run single. The Angels walked two of the Jays home. They've also been strong on defense. Rock on Jays.

Currently in the 4th two Jays on base, 2 out and all kinds of scoring runs plus misses at home by the Angels catcher. Jays leave 3 on base at the end of the 4th but with a 10 point lead they are really going to have to try hard to lose this one.

Don't jinx it! :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rock on Donaldson..............100 RBIs!!!! Really IRBS..............they would have to completely implode at this point which I highly doubt they are going to do. Nothing can jinx them in this game. They are mucho hot!

They did it once to the Angels in 1994 or 1995 if I recall. Blew a big lead (8 or 9 runs) going into the 9th. 11-3 now btw.

4 deep fly balls in a row, 2 out of the park.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
2 games in the L column. But they have good hold of top wildcard. Games against Angels, Rangers, Oreos, and Tampa Bay coming up will be important to secure that. Still 7 against the Yanks. We still lead season series 8-4. In the unlikely event of a tie with the Yanks where wildcard is secured, I believe series win determines home field for division win vs. wildcard slot. I can't be 100% sure as they made the rules a lot more complicated when they added the 2nd wildcard team. It used to be they would spend a day in early September flipping coins to determine all the various combinations and permutations.

In a 162 game season, a teams fortunes are not decided by a single series in August.

no deciding anything from a single game in august, this team is doing well over and over again,
giving fans a very positive feeling, just make the playoffs, if not, a wild card spot, looking
good for both of those things to happen, I'm just enjoying each game, not thinking about anything
else, if one loves the game, then one loves watching this team right now, keep on keepin on jays.