2015/16 European Soccer Leagues

K_ford

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone, anybody interested in European Leagues for the upcoming soccer season? I am a fan of German Bundesliga and cant wait for it to start. Luckily its all gonna be on TV now...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm a fan of English football. The English football season starts tomorrow - the Premier League (best league in the world), Championship, League One, League Two and all the lower leagues are kicking off. Usually the Premier League doesn't start until a week after the other divisions, but it's starting a week earlier this year to give international players extra time to prepare for Euro2016.

When does the new Premier League season start? - Telegraph

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hi everyone, anybody interested in European Leagues for the upcoming soccer season? I am a fan of German Bundesliga and cant wait for it to start. Luckily its all gonna be on TV now...

It is? Who's carrying it? I often get to see Bayern and B. Dortmund in the Champions League, but being a big fan of Hertha Berlin, I can almost never see them play.

Also love La Liga.

What's going on with Guardiola? I can understand letting Schweinie go to Man U, but letting Goetze go? Is he determined to ruin Bayern permanently?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What's going on with Guardiola? I can understand letting Schweinie go to Man U, but letting Goetze go? Is he determined to ruin Bayern permanently?

It's noticeable how a lot of these top German internationals are coming over to play in the Premier League. First we had Ozil and Mertesacker swanning off to Arsenal, now we have their Germany teammate Schweinsteiger going to Manchester United.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's noticeable how a lot of these top German internationals are coming over to play in the Premier League. First we had Ozil and Mertesacker swanning off to Arsenal, now we have their Germany teammate Schweinsteiger going to Manchester United.
It's noticeable how Premier League's quality depends entirely on foreign players. That's why Premier League is so good, and the England team is so pathetic.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Anybody could say that about Bundesliga. But since doing so would reveal him to be both ignorant and stupid, it's hard to see why he'd want to.

Around 50% of players in the Bundesliga are foreign, not far short of the Premier League's. 60% Get rid of all those foreingers in Kraut football - like the Spaniards and Italians and Brazilians and Argies - and the quality of it will fall sharply.

And there's a reason why there are so many foreigners playing in the Premier League - they all want to play in it as it is the most exciting football league in the world, fast-paced and frenetic, far different from the slower, chess-like football you get on the Continent. That's why top German players now seem desperate to play in the Premier League.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
60% of the Premier League is foreign! LMAO!

GREAT to KNOW!

Too right. It's a Galactico of the world's footballing stars, where the top footballers want to play.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Only because of money.

You can't lure top players to your club if you're going to offer to pay them just £500 a week. If you want the best players at your club, you're going to have to pay them £500,000 a week or somewhere in that vicinity.

The sporting clubs which pay the most on wages in the world:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And the only lure is the money. It surely isn't that dismal, depressed island.

Great Britain is a wonderful place to live and work. Former Arsenal and France star, Thierry Henry, has a luxury pad in the Big Smoke somewhere.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So depressing that thousands of people are queuing up at Calais to be let in.

Once again... for money. They are flooding your island for handouts to which you give generously. And France is sending them on through... which I find funny.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Once again... for money. They are flooding your island for handouts to which you give generously. And France is sending them on through... which I find funny.

And if they found it depressing they wouldn't be coming here.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And if they found it depressing they wouldn't be coming here.

Considering where they are coming from and what the brits are handing them I see the migration increasing. It may be hard for you to grasp I know, brits aren't very smart.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Around 50% of players in the Bundesliga are foreign, not far short of the Premier League's. 60% Get rid of all those foreingers in Kraut football - like the Spaniards and Italians and Brazilians and Argies - and the quality of it will fall sharply.
Get rid of all those foreigners, and Germany wins the World Cup. As opposed to Premier League, where getting rid of the foreigners means fielding a side that gets sent home at the end of the group stage, at the bottom of their not particularly impressive group.

And there's a reason why there are so many foreigners playing in the Premier League
They pay well, and it's not like there's any local competition.