Leafs ownership can't take the heat

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
reality is hitting home with the ownership...their teams sucks the big green one and has done for a coon's age...but don't criticize them because big brother.

MLSE confirms charges laid after Leafs jerseys thrown on ice

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment confirms charges have been laid after jerseys were thrown on to the ice at the Air Canada Centre during last night’s Leafs game.

After losing four straight on the road, the Leafs added to that streak with a 4-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday night and fans were quick to express their frustration with the team’s performance.

On multiple occasions, Leafs jerseys were thrown on to the ice during the game and three fans were reportedly thrown out of the ACC.

more

MLSE confirms charges laid after Leafs jerseys thrown on ice | CP24.com

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If they can get Brian Burke back into the building he should be tossed.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Best way to protest is to not show up and have an empty seat viewable on TV. Also don't buy the tickets. Empty stadium will equal action otherwise they will continue to suck the big one forever.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'd like to see the numbers of corporate season tickets and box holders (used to impress and smarm) vs regular Joe ticket holders. Big biddness supports this team (whatever they are called in whatever rink or city but especially Toronto) and TV is run by another business arm. It's a self-serving self-propagating slimy circle.

It's hard to put a dent in the bulletproof Leafs unless all the media properly ganged-up on the pricks. The ownership (ooops, that damn teachers pension fund is the big player huh) down to the gum guy. All need a spiritual awakening.

anyway, go leafs go or some crap.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'd like to see the numbers of corporate season tickets and box holders (used to impress and smarm) vs regular Joe ticket holders. Big biddness supports this team (whatever they are called in whatever rink or city but especially Toronto) and TV is run by another business arm. It's a self-serving self-propagating slimy circle.

It's hard to put a dent in the bulletproof Leafs unless all the media properly ganged-up on the pricks. The ownership (ooops, that damn teachers pension fund is the big player huh) down to the gum guy. All need a spiritual awakening.

anyway, go leafs go or some crap.

Good news is you can stop worrying about them in April --- unless their golf game is a concern for you.

My favourite leaf joke (aside from current team on the ice):
At my funeral, I want to be lowered into the ground by 6 Maple Leafs. That way they can let me down 1 more time.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I tried cheering for the Leafs but then they traded Errol Thompson.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
That's kind of pathetic. Given the cost of hockey tickets these days, the Leaf management should be charged with fraud for failing to deliver something resembling a professional hockey game in return for renumeration received.

Good grief, i think if they just threw them out and banned them for a few games, it would serve its purpose. This will just up the level of resentment of a management group that seems well out its depth in administering the venerable old franchise.. and deaf to the frustration of its fans.

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I feel these 3 got off lightly.

They could have been forced to attend every Leaf game as a real punishment...........

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Shanahan is the Master at this. He is reviewing all video and looking for repeat offenders. They might have to attend hearings at the league office.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Considering the climate changes and the team in question perhaps a change to 'Snowflakes' would halt such outrageous behavior.
Be interesting to find out if the fans gave this a thumbs up or thumbs down sign.

In my neighborhood the fans weren't protected from flying pucks, odd that the hecklers got beaned the most, . . . wow, . . . they were targeted, time to give some of those 'bad shots' the credit they are due.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
To reduce the threat of jersey tossing they could randomly shackle people.